cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

boopop
Journeyman III

Graphical glitches in Doom after upgrading to Vega 56

So I just upgraded from a GTX 970 to a Vega 56 (a snip at £230!).

I removed the 970, installed the V56, uninstalled nVidia software/drivers, installed AMD drivers, now I'm getting this strange artifacting in Doom when using the Vulkan API (fine in OpenGL). Seems to only happen with things with a blue glow effect. Other than that it's running fine. Specs are:

• Intel 2600k i7 CPU
  • Asus Maximus Gene V mATX motherboard
  • 16GB of RAM
  • Windows 10
  • 650W Corsair PSU
  • Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56 GPU (with latest drivers I assume given they're downloaded)

I've tried running DDU in safe mode to get rid of both AMD and NVidia drivers, followed by an install of the latest AMD drivers...still does it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Tom.

https://i.imgur.com/HAyTvYr.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
boopop
Journeyman III

Anybody? Would really like some help on this.

0 Likes

I don't have a Vega and I have never seen this on my RX580 but I haven't tried in several drive versions now. I am going to see I I see anything like that. One of the AMD mods here I know games with a Vega maybe he has seen this and can offer some advice. amdmatt

My suggestion would be if nobody offers better advice would be go back a several drivers and see if that helps if not go back a few more. From there not sure if that doesn't help. I will check on mine a see if it is a universal driver issue at the moment and get back to you .

0 Likes

Game definietly fine on my RX 580 with

Vulkan™ API Version

Hope someone can offer some help. If not make sure to open a support ticket with AMD.

Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes