cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Radcon
Journeyman III

Graphical glitch RX 6700XT

I was noticing an issue with strange flickering in textures in different games. The ones I noticed recently have been Dishonored 2 and Bloons TD 6. Both games aren't taxing on my rig so I was wondering why something like this would happen and how to fix it.

I haven't really tried any solutions and anything I looked up online wasn't the same issue I had.

I have a short clip representing what happens, just in a menu. In dishonored 2, the flickering occurs on surfaces such as walls/floors.

0 Likes
5 Replies
amdman
Challenger

I believe they have disabled the videos, I am unable to see it, you will want to upload it to youtube.

The first thing to try, use AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU in safe mode. Then reboot and install the latest drivers. If you already tried that look more into a hardware problem.

Here is an excellent list for troubleshooting by @ThreeDee 

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date

Make sure you have the latest AM4 Chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure you are running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU

Make sure you have latest GPU drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

What speed is your system RAM running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

IF your RAM is running faster than 3200 speeds .. is your fclk (infinity fabric) set to 1:1?

Make sure Surface Format Optimization is unchecked in Radeon settings .. you might want to play with other settings in your Radeon settings as well

Are you overclocking anything?

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

How is the airflow in your case? You have to keep your VRM's and memory cool too

What case?

What motherboard? BIOS up to date?

How is the air flow in your case?

CPU/GPU temps?

How are you cooling your CPU?

Are you running any modded PSU cables? .. PCIe Riser cable?

0 Likes

https://youtu.be/U-jCCMWcKhs here's the link to the video that I posted

I have already done the following in the past:

DDU, Mother Board BIOS update, Windows update, Latest Drivers, adjusted the video settings in Radeon (tried many different combinations, including highest and lowest, all default setting as well, all have the same flickering)

I am not overclocking anything, not using anything modded

I am using separate power cables, air flow is amazing with the Lian Li Lancool-II-Mesh case, so temps are good all around

I have 32 Gb RAM, how do I check "IF your RAM is running faster than 3200 speeds .. is your fclk (infinity fabric) set to 1:1?"

You can check my only other post to see my pc specs, and maybe help me out over there too? It's an issue with crashing in halo

0 Likes

You will want to post another message with the subject "how do I check IF your RAM is running faster than 3200 speeds .. is your fclk (infinity fabric) set to 1:1?"

Maybe this will help or do an internet search for your specific motherboard. Maybe your MB will have similar settings talked about in this document.

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/Ryzen3000_MemoryOverclockingGuide.pdf

Also another person had similar issues with a RX 6900 XT and when they replaced the power supply, it fixed the problem.

Also it may be the specific game, do other benchmarks and games have the problem or just the game in your video?

I hope you can get a solution.

0 Likes

i have the same issues too, when i play games like valorant, genshin, pointblank, black squad the graphic game glitches and some white dots , green dots, black dots flickering too. and it happenned too when i watch videos on yt , twitch only the dots is flickering... but when i tested out with furmark and superposition benchmark it working fine, no glitches and random dots flickering.. im using bad PSU ( SIMBADDA 450 W ) is it caused by the PSU? i tried to install new driver and old driver too but nothing worked to fix this artifacts... sorry for bad english , i hope you understand

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hi, which monitor are you using? How is the video card connected from the power supply there are 2 cables of 6-8pin) for power supply for the video card or one (divided into 2)? Preferably 2 cables separately. If you do not use vertical synchronization, and does not limit fps in games, I recommend limiting it, (via amd adrenaline) for example: if you have a 144hz monitor, then it is desirable to make a limit of 141fps +- no more than 144. (and enable amd freesync) respectively 120Hz and 117 fps limit. This is due to the fact that the FPS is too high in old games, and some cards may give out artifacts, but not all cards, but only a few. If it doesn't help, then you need to figure it out further. Perhaps the monitor cable (but again, if there was a problem in the cable, then you would have artifacts in all games.) And it is possible that in the game itself (you need to check the integrity of the game files. If it doesn't help, download the latest drivers, then delete the old ones using display driver uninstaller (uninstall and reboot) of the PC pack restarts, turn off the Internet (no matter how) and install the new ones (which you downloaded.) and restart again and turn on the Internet again, and try the same games again)

0 Likes