Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

G0bo
Adept I

Graphic card prevents Windows 11 sleep mode

Hey,

Whenever I try to put my PC into sleep mode it immediately wakes my PC back up. I think I tried everything on the internet to troubleshoot the sleep mode problem but as it turns out my graphic card is the culprit.

Here's what I did: 

I removed the Radeon 6800 from the PCIE slot. I activated the integrated graphic card in the bios and used it instead. The sleep mode worked. But, when I placed my Radeon 6800 in the PCIE slot, the sleep mode stopped working again. Note, I recently switched from i5-9600k to AMD's 7700x. There was no sleep mode problem with my i5-9600k combined with my Radeon 6800.

My current setup:

Asus tuf gaming b650 plus AM5

Gskill G Skill, D532GB 6000-32 Ripjaws S5

Radeon 6800 Red Dragon powercolor

7700x Processor

Monitor:LG 27GL850 - Displayport

Chipset + Graphic card Drivers, bios etc... are all up to date.

It can't be the motherboard or ram and even the CPU because I replaced them and the problem still occurs. Tested it with my old PSU and new PSU. The previous motherboard was ASUS prime b650 plus and the ram was a kingston brand.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@G0bo There are recent known issues with Sleep and System Standby that have been confirmed by Microsoft. Most things I've read on the issue are telling people to disable it. Recent information from Microsoft should be relatively easy to find. A lot of the problem from what I understand has to do with the infinite combinations of hardware that needs to be accounted for. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@G0bo There are recent known issues with Sleep and System Standby that have been confirmed by Microsoft. Most things I've read on the issue are telling people to disable it. Recent information from Microsoft should be relatively easy to find. A lot of the problem from what I understand has to do with the infinite combinations of hardware that needs to be accounted for. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Thanks for the swift reply. I guess I'll have to wait for a win update?

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

It doesn't sound like they even have a concrete solution yet, but are working on it. I hope they get it fixed with an update. Who knows what the timeframe will be though. Maybe someone in the community knows more about the situation and can comment?

0 Likes
G0bo
Adept I

Yesterday I tried to use sleep but the PC woke up immediately again and shortly after I had a black screen while watching a movie with my browser (Edge) but a few seconds later the screen went back on. I then rebooted the PC and everything seems to be running without any problems. Movies and gaming without any noticeable issues. So, I guess it was because of the attempt to use sleep mode. There's no news in fixing this? Am I the only one here who has this problem?

0 Likes