cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BH39
Journeyman III

GPU works 100% but FPS is unstable.

I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 bought in October 2018.

- CPU : Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega 8 Mobile
- GPU : Radeon RX560X
- Ram : x2 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz HYNIX
- SSD : 480GB SSD SATA APACER AS340
* Added RAM, Silicone and Thermal pad. Changed on March 23, 2022.
* I used the method of clone windows from Hhd to Ssd. (Clone in 2019)

I have had problems in the past 7-8 months. When the game is launched, the gpu is work 100%.
5-15 minutes everything is normal But after a while the Fps is unstable, it is with every game I play.
I tried deleting and reinstalling the driver several times, the result is that when entering the game after reinstalling the driver everything is fine. Fps is stable but when exiting the game. And go to play again. Fps unstable problem is back again.

*I tried loading the backup from the old Hhd again, but nothing improved.
What should I do?

I have uploaded the video to
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DiCPrjPBSKhDZ8oB7d3GSw5PMU9zjGrp?usp=sharing

0 Likes
3 Replies
zo77
Adept I

Is it possible that your system is overheating, and as a response, your CPU and/or GPU are thermalthrottling?

You can check with free tools like hwmonitor where your temeprature und clock are. You can also see how fast your fans are working. If throttling is happening, but your fans are not at 100%, try setting them to max.

I hope this helps you.

0 Likes
BH39
Journeyman III

I have tried turning the fan to maximum while playing games.
Is it normal?

https://youtu.be/GZVSEhfKjZQ

0 Likes

I don't get what you tried to tell with the video.

It would be interesting to know what happens while you are gaming and the frame rate becomes unstable or starts to stutter.

If you have two displays while gaming, you can watch on the second screen, how your GPU core clock (now 1275MHz) and temperature (now 85°C) change when stutter appears.

Same is possible for your CPU.

That's if the reason is temperature throttling.

In MSI Afterburner (should work for your card also i think) you can even see if the GPU is thermalthrottling or if it has a powerlimit..., and a nice graph of your clockspeed and temp. So you can see when throttling apears.

Other possibilities; does you laptop start things in the background? (antivirus software or something --> taskmanager: ssd or hdd activity, other processes on CPU...?)

0 Likes