cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CJ_Newcombe
Adept I

GPU Temps

I have an R9 380 XFX 4gb GPU, And the coil wine is unbearable, so much so i've ended up hiding it inside my desk (with fans sucking in air, No its not being cooked) Normal temps are CPU 40-65c Idle to Full load, GPU 40-65c Idle to Full load, Yes the temps are correct, MY pc is quite well cooled:) Recently though i have started to experience temps (GPU) of around 80 - 90c, Can anyone explain what might be going on with my card, I'm concerned my PSU isn't giving it enough juice. But i dont know as I'm not expert. It's an old card yes but it is still capable of 1080P High gaming on most games,  My PSU is a cronus 750W 80+ bronze incase i have left that out of my Profile, The rest of my specs should be there too. If anyone could prehabs help me out i would appreciate it alot! Cheers AMD GUY

PC SPECS:Ryzen 5 2600 (stock AMD Cooler) XFX R9 380 4GB A320M-S2H V2 XPG Spectrix 16GB 3600MHZ kit 2x8GB 1TB Barracuda HDD 500GB Unknow HDD 1st Player Case Up here fans/hub X9

0 Likes
2 Replies
msnimbus
Adept II

Does it help to adjust the fan curves in the AMD software under tuning?

Not to be negative but I had an RX570 that was also shooting up to 90 deg C (I could get it down to about 75 with a more aggressive fan curve), then it started black screening and it turned out when I took the card out and inspected it very very carefully (I took some close-up photos so I could zoom in and see detail) it seemed one of the chips was damaged so there's a chance the hardware is just old and giving out. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to troubleshoot this before realising it was a hardware failure so it might be worth taking a look :(

0 Likes

Yeah I've had it on a custom Fan profile for a few months and the issue still doesn't disappear, It's okay at times but it's not enough for me to be cautious about what I play and for how long. Like you said I think it's just coming to the end of its life and calling out for help lol!