cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

groovymilk
Journeyman III

GPU stuck at a certain clock speed, staying at 100

It'll get stuck at 1286 MHz even in idle and my mem clock stays at 300? How do I fix this.

0 Likes
12 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

Hey there, please add more information. We can not know what is going on without further info.

Information Required When Posting a Discussion 

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

My bad, my gpu is the rx 570, not the rx 570x just normal. And it just keeps staying at 100% usage till I restart my computer, I have the latest drivers all installed and even in games my graphics will be messed up and some textures will just stretch, computer will go to a black screen at times. I've ran out of options, I've installed new drivers over and over, still get back to the same problem.

0 Likes

@groovymilk  you looking at AMD software metric or task manager ? 

if you looking at AMD software metric when it said 100 that mean you GPU software crashed and if you play games it might crash the game or you get black screen . that usually make RX 5700 series to crash idk about RX 570 or 470 

0 Likes

I am looking at the metrics and msi afterburner, task manager says everything is normal.

0 Likes

@groovymilk 

if you looking at AMD software metric when it said 100 that mean you GPU software crashed and if you play games it might crash the game or you get black screen . that usually make RX 5700 series to crash idk about RX 570 or 470 

or it might be the same issue lot of ppl have that  AMD software metric show wrong numbers . AMD  is working on that to fix it . 

0 Likes

So should I not use the software? Cause even with software not open or anything, it'll still go up and eventually lock at a certain number. I noticed that in MSI afterburner. So there's no solution besides, waiting??

0 Likes

0 Likes

@groovymilk you can try to delete the drivers completely and reinstall it and doing factory reset. 

https://youtu.be/nHd0065duKE 

This might fix it 

You do not have to do the last part that is optional. 

0 Likes

@groovymilk  I believe I read somewhere that afterburner causes some issue with AMD products it was either it was in my support ticket to the AMD or I read in on this forum on of this there was a suggestion that to not use that with AMD products. delete the afterburner and restart the computer to see if that will fix the issue.

0 Likes

I will do that but  I also have screenshot of messed up graphics in games, got this one from TF2 See those textures streching?See those textures streching?

0 Likes

0 Likes

@groovymilk  holy moly 

0 Likes