Graphics Cards

th3d0ct0r429
Adept I

Gpu stay high temperatures in idle.

AMD FX-6350 4.19 ghz

ASUS Radeon R7 260x 1GB OC

Msi 970A-G43

Corsair VS550

My normal idle temperature is around 30-40 celsius, but now its stay at 70-75 celsius. When im try to tune the fan speed it turn back to default setting. I'm already reinstall the driver but still same. What issue on my PC ?

Yea, I know is a potato PC. At least it still can run some game in low setting .

0 Likes
1 Solution

What was the BSOD Error that it mentioned? Also was the BSOD while INSTALLING the  software or after you installed it and starting to run it.

Uninstall Spy Hunter and install Malwarebytes which is similar and more compatible with Windows 10. When I went to Spy Hunter's website, Mcafee was telling me it is a dangerous website to go. To go at my own risk which I found unusual.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Try this and see if your GPU temps go down. Under "TASK MANAGER" click on "END TASK" on everything related to "RELIVE" and see if the Temps go down. This is from the following AMD Forum thread: https://community.amd.com/message/2853811#comment-2853811?q=rx480%20running%20at%20maximum

When the Rx480 is running hot at idle, is the card running at maximum rate?  Are you by any chance using a 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner or Asus Tweak II or Trixx? If you are uninstalled them and see if it makes any difference.

You can also try this solution from a previous thread. Seems like Relive tends to cause RX series GPU card to run at maximum at times. They basically ended the RELIVE task in Task manager. Afterwards the GPU went back to normal.

Finaly! Thx a lot!  I thougt i am the only one!

At HWMonitor, i have, from time to time, 100% and max GPU-Clock. After a few tests i did find the Problem:                           

Firefox + Youtube (Only Fullscreen) + ReLife-Host/Desktop task.

I did not have ReLive installed, but i have 17.12.2.

After killing the ReLive task... 0% GPU use.

How can i turn ReLive off ?

I did rename the .exe ... but its just a workaround ?! (amddvr.exe  + amdow.exe)

or the only way?

If the Card is still running hot, Check to see if the fan (s) are working properly. Could be a bad fan not cooling well.

Well ,just few sec ago I'm reinstall the driver again now everything back to normal. But I'm scare i will turn bad after this. What exactly happened ?

0 Likes

In my opinion, It could had been the AMD GPU Driver became corrupted and after reinstalling a fresh uncorrupted driver it caused the GPU to run normal again. Or it could have been a program you installed the caused the GPU to run at maximum for some reason. "Relive" had this problem in the past that it would run the GPU card at maximum. But I heard that this has been fixed in the latest AMD drivers. Or it could have been a misconfiguration that cause the GPU card to run hot and after reinstalling the AMD driver it set everything back to default.

Hopefully it won't come back.

I have had mine get stuck still randomly here and there. Nothing repeatable like before when every time I played a certain youtube video or game. There is still definitely something going on. But nothing like it was. One thing I have learned is that these issue vary in severity between different configurations from machine to machine.

This problem seems to be related mainly with the RX series cards and possibly VEGA cards. The R7 is basically a HD series card which I haven't seen any posts here at AMD Forum until now concerning the GPU card running at Maximum while idle.

But like you mentioned, every computer system is different and reacts differently by the same AMD Driver installed.

fair point. I believe you are right, I don't think I ever saw anyone below an RX complaining about the GPU usage issue either.

0 Likes

Will this cause by virus ?

0 Likes

I have heard of one virus that could cause a GPU to run hot, I believe it is called the Bitcoin Miner virus.  Generally the virus uses your GPU card for illegal mining purposes without you knowing it. here is one link concerning this virus: https://sensorstechforum.com/bitcoin-miner-virus-detect-remove-it/ . Of course there are probably many more that may cause similar symptoms.

Run Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy 2. I use both to check for Malware and viruses besides my normal Mcafee Anti-virus program. Both are free to download and use.

It's funny you bring up miner malware. That is exactly what I thought I had going on a few driver versions back. Turned out to just be relive. There are some good driver by miner browser blockers add on plug ins out too. You don't have to be infected, you can have a web page be infected that will trigger 100% gpu usage too, and take a restart or kill the service to fix.

Yesterday my lil brother turn off anti virus and install some weird thing . That's why I'm asking it.

0 Likes

Absolutely could be malware if you something was loaded from a not trusted source. The truth is that so much of the malware out there today goes completely undetected. The only way you ever know you have it is when a system starts behaving strangely. You can run a malware scanner like malware bytes. I suggest running r-kill then rouge killer then malware bytes. Run them from safe mode. You can pick them all up at bleepingcomputer_com or majorgeeks_com. Both trusted sites IMHO.

You didn't mention your little brother's age, But you should advice him it is a No No to turn off an Antivirus protection to install a program. If the Antivirus program was preventing him from installing the 3rd party software it probably believes it is infected or dangerous to install. If you are dead certain, as pokester​ mentioned, that you know the 3rd party software creator is valid and has a good reputation than you can disable the Antivirus temporarily to install it. Sometimes Antivirus programs has a False Positive concerning 3rd party software and tags them as dangerous or virus infected.

Another weird thing, when I'm install the Spy hunter into my PC it got instant blue screen. And my CPU and GPU are 100% usage.

0 Likes

What was the BSOD Error that it mentioned? Also was the BSOD while INSTALLING the  software or after you installed it and starting to run it.

Uninstall Spy Hunter and install Malwarebytes which is similar and more compatible with Windows 10. When I went to Spy Hunter's website, Mcafee was telling me it is a dangerous website to go. To go at my own risk which I found unusual.

Thanks. My PC now run perfectly after using Malwarebytes.

0 Likes

I tried malware bytes twice but nothing happend i have Rx570 my usage is 100 and the temp slowly increases while idle 

0 Likes

I found A fix!
All You Have to do is Turn off the In-Game Replay And Recording Options and then Restart Your Pc!
Worked for me!

0 Likes

I'll try that tmr cause is late now. Thanks for your help.