cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

smajli7
Journeyman III

GPU scaling looks too sharp

Hello, I recently got a new PC with an AMD gpu and when I lower the resolution (ex. 1024x768 in csgo) colors get this weird ghosting effect.

ALL green colors get this pink outline which isn't there on native (1920x1080) resolution.

I bought a new 280hz monitor and I'm using my old 144hz one as secondary screen, where the issue is still present. So it can't be the monitor. It must be something with sharpening and the AMD gpu. 

Can someone help me fixing this? I already searched the whole internet for an answer and couldn't find it. Display scaling works as intended, but I'd rather use GPU scaling...

GPU: rx6800xt

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

32gb ram

msi mag b550

already tried:

-reinstalling drivers through DDU

-different settings

-almost everything Artifact.png

4 Replies

Hello,

Bit of conflict in your statement with "Display scaling works as intended", "So it can't be the monitor", "I'd rather use GPU scaling" and "isn't there on native (1920x1080) resolution".

Sound like a "back to basics" by turning off every feature in the display as it's onboard capabilities are not even going to be able to match those of a GPU. From there you go through Windows and set the display properties, then the same in the Radeon Adrenalin settings which should resolve these issues.

Separately is why would one wish to drop below native resolution of 1080 to settings that are pretty much relegated to a resolution that's below a archaic laptop of 1024..? <shudders at the thought>

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
alexandru66
Adept I

have you fixed it or nah

0 Likes

Ever fixed this? Same issue here

0 Likes
Hinzzz
Journeyman III

Is there any fix??

0 Likes