Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

brunhildjr2
Adept II

GPU overclocking does not apply until a windows (10) restart

I am overclocking a RX 580 8G Sapphire Nitro

Checking the OC effect with Valley benchmark in extreme preset. I do OC on the VRAM from 2000 to 2200 and increasing the clock to 1450 from 1411

The score after the restart goes from around 2350 to  around 2530.

It took me forever to understand what is going on and I was confused why is the score staying the same while increasing some values and then being totally different the next day or so after the PC was started

So is the behavior normal? It could be that either memory or frequency change is applied without restart but one of them for sure has no effect (even though the benchmark displays the right value the score is unchanged)

0 Likes
2 Replies

I think you may need to post pics of benchmark before and after changes, may help someone understand the issue ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

OK so these 3 are in order: no OC, memory OC only and both memory and clock OC

So what I am saying is that if I was in the first pic so no OC, then i OC as in the last pic but i dont restart (I just hit apply in Radeon Software) I get a much lower score no matter how may times i run but if I restart I get the score in the last pic no matter how many times i ran without any additional changes in Radeon Software

Before OC.pngafter restart undervolt mem 2200 no OCUnigine Valley Benchmark_2021.12.22-21.31 - Copy.pngOC.png

0 Likes