cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tcarpycarp
Newcomer

GPU not detected in Windows 10(device manager) or BIOS, light on in case, new PC (all new parts)

I downloaded the drivers off of AMD and it said the components are already installed (express) but when that didn't work i tried the custom instalation and that said no hardware(or software for AMD) detected. BIOS is tricky for me, I am merely an amateur, and the PCI options were confusing to me but had two versions (current?, or legacy, and UEFI) but didn't say anything about it being populated or not. Power light for the GPU comes on. I have plugged it in during any of the changes I have made (have been using integrated mobo graphics in the meanwhile).

Any advice would be appreciated I gave as much information as i could barring anything i may have forgotten during this long troubleshooting process and I will gladly answer any questions to clear up anything. Thanks!

GIGABYTE B360 HD3 (lga1151)

Kingston Technology HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 (2)Kingston A400 SSD 240GB

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition

Cooler Master MasterBox MB500

Antec VP450 Power Supply 450 Watts PSU

Intel Core i5-8400 Desktop

Windows 10

Update: When I am trying to install drivers off of the amd website I get error 175:

AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware

0 Likes
2 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Is the PCIE slot that the GPU is in enabled?

If not, go into the BIOS and select "enabled" for the PCIE slot.

Turn off computer, attach display to the GPU and restart computer.

Make sure windows is completely updated then install the GPU drivers.

Also, the lights on the GPU are on because it is plugged directly into the PSU (8pin connector).

0 Likes
I-love-AMD
Journeyman III

Does the gpu need to be detected to install the drivers ?

0 Likes