cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nevermor3
Journeyman III

GPU not detected after PC reset

So, I reset my PC with the option clean wipe selected and after it finished reinstalling Windows 10, my AMD card is not showing up in the device manager, but the Intel one is. Steps I have tried:

•  Used DDU to uninstall intel and amd drivers and installed drivers from my laptop manufacturers site (AMD one doesn't install successfully)
  •  Reset the BIOS and made sure graphics settings was set to switchable graphics
  •  Tried to install latest drivers from AMD but it threw ERROR:173 no AMD device detected
  •  Formatted the PC again this time using media creation tool USB
  •  Checked device manager for hidden devices
  •  Installed the chipset drivers from vendors website

After all these steps I have been unable to get it to work. I've thought about hardware issues but before the initial reset the card was working completely fine, but I don't know what happen after the reset.

Laptop Config:

Model: Lenovo B51-80

CPU: i5-6200U

GPU: AMD R5 M330

3 Replies
Markis1974
Adept I

Hi, follow these steps on a computer...

1. Check for hidden devices.
2. Check the video card slot.
3. Remove Windows updates.
4. Default video card setting.
5. Restore BIOS settings to default.

Hello, thanks for the suggestions.

As I've said above I have already tried 1,3,4,5.

For 2, it's a laptop.

0 Likes

Check if the video card is disabled in the BIOS settings:
-To get into the BIOS, you need to know the key on the keyboard that will let you into the system. Most often this is “Delete”, however, “F2” has this function on some models.
-The BIOS will need a "Chipset" section to configure "dGPU".
-Having found the parameter of the dedicated video card “dGPU”, it is important to activate it by setting the value to “Enabled”.

Check if the graphics card is enabled in device manager:
-Go to "Device Manager" to check if your graphics card is enabled. You can do this by clicking on the "Start" button to write "Device Manager" in the search bar and press "Enter". In the window that opens, find your graphics card and double-click on it to open the properties window.
-The Driver tab will contain an Enable button - click it. If the button is inactive, this indicates that the video card is already enabled.

Try to turn on the video card through the command line:
-If the computer does not see the video card in the device manager, it can be enabled through the command line. Press the key combination "Windows" + "X" to open a command prompt window. In older versions of Windows, it can also be found in the Start menu by expanding the "Accessories" section.
-After opening the window, enter the command bcdedit / set pciexpress forceisable, then confirm by pressing "Enter".
-You can close the window and try to install the video card drivers.