Rx 470 4 Gb

to the following:

Ryzen 7 2700X w/ wraith prism cooler

Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming Mobo

1Tb m.2

32 GB team elite 3200 Mhz RAM

thermaltake 700w PSU

RX 5500xt mech oc 8 Gb

Installed everything, reinstalled windows, updated everything. computer runs fine as a workstation/ desktop. when I try to play ANY game, GPU crashes. the only notable error message I have gotten is 

GPU Crashed or D3D Device Removed.

Use -d3ddebug to enable the D3D debug device.

Use -gpucrashdebugging to track current gpu state.

any other crashes the screens just freeze, audio stays on, computer stays on. I reboot and check event viewer and it doesnt show anything. I am rather new to GAMING computers so Im not sure whats going on with my GPUs. I have even tried putting the 470 in and it still does this. 

4 Replies
Paulymcnasty
Journeyman III

Have you tried using the amd cleaning utility?

0 Likes

I have not. the only reason I have not is that this card was installed before the first post of the new hardware so there was never any other drivers installed. I bought another case and rebuilt my old pc. works like a charm, both the 470 and the 5500 work flawlessly in that old machine. 

0 Likes

You might want to talk to the support department of the company that made your GPU. It is always possible you just got a bad card, or other component. They should be able to help your figure it out. Or if you bought it retail maybe just exchange the card and try another. 

0 Likes
ValKillMe
Journeyman III

Having almost the same issues with my RX 5700 xt pulse after i exit a game or stopping a AIDA64 stress test. In a matter of seconds, the pc freezes completely, sound gets stuck and buzzing and I'm unable to give any command using m&k. The only solution is to force restart and that does not work all the time and it leads to a force shutdown. There's no log in event viewer and i just don't have any idea on what is causing this odd behavior. It happens after i exit Cyberpunk 2077, AIDA64 stress test and during Battlefield 5. CPU is a Ryzen 5 1500X, ran 16GB HyperX Predator, mobo is a MSI B350M Gaming Pro, power supply is a Riotoro Enigma G2 850w 80+ Gold certified (Seasonic OEM). Used amd cleanup utility and DDU every freakin time when i installed graphics driver, old and latest versions and is drivin me crazy. Also, ran MEMtest and got no errors on RAM, disabled any form of overclock on CPU and RAM. Temps on CPU does not exceed 55°C... Gpu has the following: 74° edge, up to 90° junction, up to 94° vram, up to 70° vrms... Could someone, please, tell me what's wrong? 

0 Likes