cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bakljas
Adept I

Re: GPU Fans started to produce resonanting noise and what program to set fan curve?

Yes my GPU is RX 580 Nitro+ which has easy removable fans. It is still one year under warranty. I don't like idea that I need it to send it all across europe just to be returned same gpu with a new fan and old warranty. I will try to contact sapphire first and see can I arrange something with them, maybe they can send me one fan. It is bought on Amazon.fr

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Re: GPU Fans started to produce resonanting noise and what program to set fan curve?

Unfortunately, Sapphire Warranty doesn't go through Sapphire directly. You have to go thru Amazon.fr first (Retailer). Amazon.fr is the one that determines your Warranty request to Sapphire.

Here is Sapphire's Warranty RMA Policy from Sapphire Support:

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

bakljas wrote:

Ok, just to be clear you know that Superpostition is benchamark tool which has Game mode where I can walk around and where gpu usage is always 100%?  If yes than ok, by your answer I was thinking that you talk about general games.

I can still hear fans resonanting noise (it happens around 800rpm and 1100rpm), it still here but with less noise, to completely solve this I was thinking to buy only one replacement fan (with little luck I beliave that my gpu has one is faulty fan not two). On aliexpress I can find it cheapest, around 10$ but I suspicious are they original, in standard stores it is about 18€.

Once the fan bearings are damaged from excess dirt they will need to be replaced.

Sapphire cards like mine are one screw to remove a fan making them a 5 minute job at worst

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Saphire may very well just send you replacement fans if you show proof of purchase. I have dealt directly with them and not the retails with zero issues. Usually they are pretty happy to try solutions that don't involve sending cards back and forth. Not sure how this differs though being not in USA? They all love it if you can get a retailer to take care of it though as it comes out of the retailers pocket not theirs. Regardless it doesn't hurt to ask. 

You don't have to hit that fan curve perfect was only saying it can help stability to have it ramp up to higher speed sooner than the normal curve. If heat is not an issues for yours then a default curve is fine. Saphire makes good cards. 

I don't recommend you mix Afterburner and Wattman. AMD does not endorse the use of any third party tweaking software. You can see all your temp with the AMD performance overlay. You could also download GPU-z. Usually when rx 480 or rx 580 crashes it is lack of enough of a power ceiling. This is what raising the Power Limit Slider to 50 helps. 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have the power slider at +50 as well so that my RX 480 can have all the current it wants

I wish the driver would allow that and lock into the settings permanently, that and a custom fan is all I need

Fuzzy donut today was fun as it was cold and I needed to warm the place up

80 plus platinum does not waste heat so its a lost cause on a cold day

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

It is possible Sapphire has a different Warranty policy in the USA. But in the past, Several Users (AMD Forums) in Europe needed to go directly to the Retailer to get Warranty Service. They all went directly to Sapphire and was told they needed to go the place of purchase for warranty service. Sapphire probably pays all expenses to the Retailer when it concerns a Warranty issue.

But there is no harm in trying to see if Sapphire will send new GPU Fans under Warranty since it wouldn't involve sending in the GPU card.

But as you see in Sapphire's own RMA/WARRANTY Policy it does mention to take it to the place of purchase for Warranty Service.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Thanks to the digital coin mess, many video card vendors have crawled under a rock.

It's been a real problem for the gaming community, sapphire even dropped their forum completely

pokester
MVP

I was NOT arguing with your find. I have myself had them send me a fan with zero issues. I have no idea if their policies is, was, still is or ever was different than what you found. I only know I emailed them with my issue, I included my new egg receipt and they sent me a new dual fan assembly for my HD 7950. Now this was 4 years ago. A lot can change in 4 years. I do know that warranties vary largely on a lot of commodities depending on what country you are in.  It certainly doesn't ever hurt to ask. The other side of the coin in asking directly is that even if they require you to go through a retailer to ultimately get it fixed. They may even be able to sell you new fans directly and that might prove to be the easier way to go. Years ago I had XFX not be able to source a fan for me but they gave me the name of who they bought from and I bought one from that company. You can get a lot from the maker of the card even if it is just information.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have been lucky, the sapphire fans fit the rx 470, rx 480, rx 570 and rx 580 nitro series

the nitro cooler works well so it has been in use for a long time so new fans are abundant

0 Likes
bakljas
Adept I

Thanks, I sent mail to Sapphire, hopping for the best