cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

andvank
Journeyman III

GPU fans spin but no display

I have an Asus RX 560 4gb GDDR5 that I just installed (previous card was a Radeon HD 6670) but my monitor is not picking up a signal when I plug the HDMI in. I have tried: 

Reinstalling my Rx 560

resetting the cmos

Uninstalling iGPU display drivers 

The rest of my system includes:

ipisb-cu motherboard

i7 2600

8gb ddr3

300w psu

0 Likes
4 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Sadly, GPU fans spinning are only capable of telling "Is GPU board getting power? Yes/No?"

Can you at least get image before Windows loading (BIOS output)?

If not, then are you really sure your new GPU is fine and working? Can you test it on some other system? 
Or if you are capable  and have equipment, probe PCI-e lanes for shorts (doubt it if you made question there)? 

0 Likes

The monitor doesn’t detect any input through the hdmi, and the eBay listing said that it worked but wasn’t used anymore after he upgraded his pc. According to other forums I have posted on, my specific card is pcie 3.0 and my motherboard is pcie 2.0, so the GPU won’t work.

0 Likes

Your problem may be with UEFI support on that motherboard, is there an option in bios settings for uefi support, or is it legacy only.

Your old hd6670 was legacy vbios, the rx560 is uefi vbios.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have the same issue with my RX 580 after a few days of getting black screens and then computer crashes...last time the monitor went black could never get the signal to go to the display again...same deal blue power light is on on the GPU and fans spin up on POST. Although your case you never even got the drivers in

0 Likes