Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

trilloc
Journeyman III

GPU crash

Hello guys, 

I bought a  used card video RX 570 8gb so I installed driver and everything, so the problem is when I run a game its  crashes and green dots comes on screen.

I hope you guys help me and thanks,

here some pictures

CPU: I7 2700k

RAM: 9gb

power supply : 550watt

0 Likes
19 Replies
facethepro
Journeyman III

Same problem. Brand new Sapphire RX 570 4GB Nitro+

0 Likes

Does your windows crash when you run a game?

0 Likes

Yes whole pc freezes and eventually restarts. I put my old GPU until i get my new PSU. My current one is about 6 years old and bad quality. So I'm hoping my problem is the PSU because my RX 570 is brand new and i don't believe it's faulty. With all those people reporting crashing it's either PSU or drivers...i hope.

0 Likes
numchuk
Journeyman III

Are you using an adapter for your display by any chance? I'm having the same issue with my 590 Nitro+ and did some digging to find out it might be the adapters. Apparently polaris doesn't like them, I have ordered a DVI-D cable to see if this helps.

0 Likes

Just wanted to put in an update to my problem, the DVI cable has resolved the issue for me. I guess it was the adapter after all that was causing it.

0 Likes

What adapter were you using?

0 Likes

VGA to HDMI

0 Likes

I am using HDMI to VGA on my RX 570 Nitro+, but i have no choice since my monitor only has VGA.

0 Likes

Oh man that sucks I'm sorry. I guess perhaps save up for a semi cheap 80-100 dollar monitor? Preferably one with DVI and/or HDMI. If you google your problem you will find several people that fixed it by not using adapters for your line of cards of the 500 series. I wish you luck on solving this.

0 Likes

So i got a new PSU. Booted PC with new PSU. Tried Unigine Heaven benchmark. Ran fine, no problems. Right after that i get no signal. PC didnt restart or anything, only monitor turned off. Plugged in my TV, it worked. Pc was running fine. Actually couldnt get my monitor to turn on after rebooting and plugging it in and out a few times. Waited a bit, plugged it back on and it turned on. Since then i havent gotten loss of signal. Played some games, it was going very good (need to note that my TV was plugged in too at the same time). Unplugged TV after that. An hour ago i tried Forza Horizon 4 demo, played for about 15 mins - PC froze, screen went black and got that looping sound. Rebooted, got into Apex Legends, played for 20 mins and PC crashed again. Also need to mention that when i try to set my res to 75hz i get green dots on the screen. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/dPdWU0T.png

Now i know for sure that the adaptor is giving some problems, but im not really sure if it can crash the whole PC. But since you have the same problem and you say you fixed it without adapter, it really could. This is the adapter im using:

https://i.imgur.com/OTuXYPo.png 

0 Likes
trilloc
Journeyman III

bump

0 Likes
real1ty
Journeyman III

I am having this exact same issue. Does your audio get all weird when it happens as well? Almost like a robotic stutter noise? It only seems to happen when gaming and temperatures rise above 75ish, which I know is a little warm but it shouldn't crash the whole computer....

It happened with both my Vega 56 and 64, I was thinking it might be mobo related but I did a ton of mobo troubleshooting with no success, the symproms are very gpu related, and every time I update the driver it seems to affect the interval, making it more or less frequent....so I'm quite sure it's gpu related. What I don't know is if it's the gpu itself or maybe the pci port? I dunno, but it's driving me crazy so any help is appreciated!!

I'll also say every time I've tried to install a new driver, it freezes about halfway through, I have to cancel it, restart, it'll show as being installed, but I'll still reinstall and it goes through just fine, I dunno what that means or if it's playing a part in this...

Edit: Setup -

Vega 64

16gb RAM

2600x cpu

1000w EVGA psu

Gigabyte x470 wifi 5 mobo

Edit 2: Also, why is it showing my real name instead of my username? -_-

0 Likes

I mentioned above to facethepro that display adapters cause this issue. Are you perhaps using one?

0 Likes
trilloc
Journeyman III

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

0 Likes
real1ty
Journeyman III

No adapter here, however I was considering even the most random possibilities and it occurred to me my case was almost 10 years old now. So I went out and bought a new one, moved everything over last night, and so far things seem to be stable. I noticed it would happen pretty much every single time I tried to play Mass Effect Andromeda for more than 5 minutes, but I've been playing for about 20-30 now, so, progress? But the problem has always been intermittent so I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens. Could've been something as simple as old wires connected to all this new tech. I'll report back

0 Likes
real1ty
Journeyman III

Welp, I'm almost afraid to post this but so far I haven't had a single crash! But, I do still get the very occasional audio stutter that would accompany the crash. However 'with' the crash it persisted until I reset the PC. Now it's maybe once every few hours and lasts less than a second, but it does still happen. Not sure if that's a completely separate issue I assumed was related, but otherwise it runs perfectly and I don't think I've ever had a 100% perfect Windows computer so maybe this is just part of it...

I do have a few theories. It very well could be related to Windows 10 specifically moreso than hardware. Why it only affects some people is hard to say but pretty much everyone who has it uses Win 10, many noticed it after an update, and roll backs to 7 or 8 seemed to fix it.

Of course if this new case 'is' what fixed it that suggests it 'is' related to the board getting enough power and not necessarily PSU related. So OP if you haven't already make sure you really secure all your case/mobo connections. A crash like this can also be from overheating so monitor your temps when you play to see where it goes. Between 50-80 is pretty normal for a Vega 64. This case DEFINITELY runs cooler but my temps don't seem to be particularly different.

Anyways I won't get too excited just yet but I've been gaming pretty hard on it and, so far so good!

0 Likes

Actually i found a fix for my crashing today (without getting rid of my hdmi vga adaptor). I manually set the fan speed to 40% and it's been runing perfectly.

0 Likes

Hmm which would also suggest tweaking power usage even just slightly could make a difference...

Of course for me at least the problem was sporadic so give it a few days and let us know how it works out!

0 Likes
real1ty
Journeyman III

Wow it censored "pretty h.a.r.d. o.n."

lol ridiculous

"pretty heavily on it"

0 Likes