cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tungpzostar
Adept I

gpu core clock max

Can someone help me with this wreid case. I have a RX 580 4gb, driver version 19.6.3

When I play games or benchmark with DX12 API, GPU core clock stay max 100%. After exiting app, it's still stay max.

2.PNGCapture.PNG

Ps: DX9, DX11 works fine

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
jtjones71
Adept I

I am having the exact same issue with my RX 570 8GB card with 2 latest drivers.  I just got this card about a month ago.  I can open wattman after a reboot and everything is working normally.  After I play a game or do anything compute intensive,  then I can open wattman and my core clock is stuck at max and my GPU temp reflects this also.  If you go to global options and change from 3d to compute mode and restart the driver, the issue then resolves and I can change from compute mode back to gaming workloads.  But as soon as I play any game the issue returns. As far as your claims of DX9/11/12,  I have the issue it seems after any use, including the new Wolfenstein running on the Vulkan API.

0 Likes

well i solved this problem by disabling amd user expericence in amd setting. Just try it and tell me if this problem was fixed

Appreciate the response and the suggestion.  I did as you suggested and opted out of the user experience program, which so far seems to have helped I haven't had the issue again yet.  And also,  there are several unneeded processes that are no longer using resources up,  good tip.  I'll follow up after I test a few more applications.

Haha, I really don’t know what’s going on with amd user experience. I also notice that when I turn it off my graphic card temperature is lower. Btw if anyone else have this problem, just do what I say and restart pc

0 Likes