Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

FelipeEMS
Journeyman III

GPU Cooler usage always in 80+% by doing nothing

Hi guys!

My RX 570 recently started to make a very boring noise because of its cooler.

gpucooler.png

System in portuguese btw.

You can see it's around 3200 RPM with 27ºC (80ºF), it's not suppoust to behave like this... I've tried to fix this with MSI Afterburner or Speed Fan and seems like nothing has changed. What can I do?

My conf:

RX 570 4GB Saphire;

Ryzen 5 3600 not OC (Cooling by stock cooler box);

Corsair CX650;

16GB RAM 2666 GHz;

22.3.2 Adrenaline software;

Most recent drivers installed;

Windows 10.

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Head to this page and check if the Fan Tuning option is set to enable.

I'm not sure if your card has Zero dB option but try it. Leave Advanced control disabled.
Exit other GPU utilities that you may have or they will override the Adrenalin.
Have the overlay of GPU temps for a while to bench the results.
Make sure you have global tuning selected

johnnyenglish_1-1648309043185.png

johnnyenglish_0-1648308790585.png

If no joy, try creating a custom fan profile be enabling Advanced Control, its pretty handy and I use it for each game to fine tune my OC, fans, adrenalin options like RIS or voltages.

johnnyenglish_2-1648309280064.png

Good luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

My board have the "Zero RPM" option, but when activated it says that is on 0 RPM but the noise continues, when turned off it comes back with the 3000+ RPM...

Using the advanced fan options I changed all the points to the extreme right, like it has to run in 800 RPM even in 80ºC (176ºF), but the RPM doesn't change.

I've tested with different drivers like 21.7.2, 21.8.2 e 22.3.1 but, as expected, same noises. It made me think maybe be the CPU cooler, but in HW Monitor it's running between 1200 - 1800 RPM even when the noise stops sometimes. So I've discarted this option.

0 Likes