Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dr4xxus
Adept II

GPU black screen when installing drivers - Please Help

Hi all.

So about a week ago had a Blue screen in my Desktop PC when I would switch my computer on. After several attempts to repair it by using Windows tools I gave up and brought the PC to an engineer for repair.

They successfully manage to re-install the windows from scratch but they were only able to do it so by connecting the HDMI cable to my inbuilt Motherboard GPU and stated that my GPU was faulty/broken.

At home I tried again to make it work since to me it was odd that my GPU was broken even without any "physical" work/change on my PC. 

Now with access to windows I was able to start my PC in safe mode with the monitor directly connected to my GPU. Everything works well in safe mode. Used DDU to remove all drivers from my GPU and windows was able to boot in normal mode AS LONG as I do not install any drivers.

When I try to install the drivers, either by adrenalin or by the Windows tool (even tried to manually use the source of location of the driver), when it reaches around 70% there is a message regarding new updates and the need to restart my computer. The  monitor then flickers black and then stays black indefinitely. Tried to plug and unplug the HDMI cable to the GPU without any success. I am still able to listen that the windows is running underneath the black screen and if I press ctrl + alt + del the pc just makes a freezing noise and I am forced to "force" a reboot.

My Specs are:

- Intel Core i7 6700k

- 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz Memory

- 2TB SATA Hard Drive - 240GB SSD

- Radeon R9 390 8GB Graphics

Been trough so many forums and tried all that I could find on these forums without any success. Was wondering if the only solution would be buying a new GPU. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
39 Replies