Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

heckler
Adept I

Gigabyte Rx580 8GB power led blinking

Hi.

I've got a gigabyte rx580 graphics card that has a white led just at the top of the pcie conector. It's a feature that alerts the user when the card suffers power issues. No blink means "ok", always lit means "no power" and blinking means "abnormal power supply". My card blinks sometimes (once every ten minutes) and while idling. The computer runs fine, it goes fine while gaming, it passes an hour of furmark stress test and 3dmark time spy. It even renders with blender cycles ok for several hours. My computer has an ocz zs750w power supply (hwinfo 12v, 3.3v, 5.5v reads are fine). At first i've thought that my psu was defective so swapped the power supply with an antec 500w. The system runned fine, but the led still blinked.

Watching the hwinfo monitoring software i've detected that when the led blinks the lectures from "GPU Core Current" and "GPU Core Power" went to 0.0 . VDDC seemed fine, and the system was stable. So, what's happening? Is my gpu defective? Or is my power supply? I'm inclined to think that there's some bug in the gpu drivers or bios (i've also updated my gpu bios to the last one). Also my cpu is a ryzen 1700 and the mobo is a gigabyte b450m s2h (updated to the lastest bios too).

Thanks

6 Replies

Have you also contacted gigabyte support, see what they have to say on it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I've sended them a ticket. Lets see what they respond.

0 Likes

They answered that i should try to reseat the card in the slot and contact my vendor... the same as nothing. But i've found the solution. Previously i've installed the rgb fusion software to turn white the decorative leds. The software was very buggy, i remember that it crashed my system in a minute since i've installed it. Well, uninstalled the sofware, and the decorative leds ("gigabyte" and "fan stop" words) turned off. And the power led blinking went away. It seems that there's some problem with their rgb implementation.

jbroeckel
Journeyman III

I have an Gigabyte AORUS RX-580 8GB and it had the white LED blinking periodically. It seemed random since it happened at times even while sitting idle. I sought support and was told it was due to an it irregular power supply on the PCIe cable. I bought and installed a new more powerful 850w power supply and the light still blinks at random times :/  I'm thinking I could use the old  electrical tape fix =) and just put a small square of it directly on the white LED  lol

out of sight out of mind    ...at least till I hear of an actual fix or what it actually means.

0 Likes

@jbroeckel 

I am currently facing the same the same issue, have swapped to a PSU that is known to be ok. However I get the LED flash every now and then.

On top of that, I am now getting crashes, screen goes black and then recovers after about 10 sec. When I check error logs I am getting graphics driver crashes and recoveries. If you are getting the same as me, I would suggest the problem goes far deeper than a PSU issue. I am going to try and uninstall any RGB controller software i have now and see how that goes

Cheers.

0 Likes

@jbroeckel 

I am currently facing the same the same issue, have swapped to a PSU that is known to be ok. However I get the LED flash every now and then.

On top of that, I am now getting crashes, screen goes black and then recovers after about 10 sec. When I check error logs I am getting graphics driver crashes and recoveries. If you are getting the same as me, I would suggest the problem goes far deeper than a PSU issue. I am going to try and uninstall any RGB controller software i have now and see how that goes

Cheers.

0 Likes