Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

cpurpe91
Adept III

Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC memory clock

Jump to solution

I just noticed my GPU Memory Clock reading 3,000+ Mhz in HWinfo64. I have been just browsing the web for a few hours so there should have been virtually no GPU load at any time since I started HWinfo64.  I am kind of at a loss because I am not running any OC. Everything has been running well at stock settings so I saw no point in tweaking anything beyond turning off ZeroRPM mode in Adrenaline and enabling advanced fan control. Attached is an image of the read out. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.MemoryIssue.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC memory clock

Jump to solution

Please refer to the 21.11.3 driver release notes.

Known Issues
Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

You can safely ignore this since it is just a software reading error. Your GPU memory is not running at that frequency, so please do not worry.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

I ran Time Spy and this is what results look like. While HWinfo64 reports max of 3,024 Mhz, the benchmark reports 1,990 Mhz. I don't know which to believe and what could be causing this if it is a bug.

MemoryIssue2.png

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

Disable all non windows apps from startup in task manager and/or from each app (that includes any fan control and/or oc app.)

If that changes/lowers readings, one of those apps could be the issue. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

I was able to get in touch with someone at HWinfo and they told me that the GPU Memory Clock has been buggy for quite some time now. Basically, it is a driver error and I shouldn't be too concerned. 

0 Likes
RPX100
Challenger

Jump to solution

@cpurpe91 what is Radeon Software showing?

You could also use GPU-Z's Sensors Tab for graphs that show the changes over time.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 22.1.2 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.5 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 3.10.08.506 ]
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

Just in case I'll run gpuz while I game later to see if it reads different. Last night before I went to bed it stayed around 1988 to 1990 on my HWinfo osd while I played Splitgate but when I exited to desktop it shot to 2300. I did do a fresh re install of the drivers too. DDU in safe mode then restart and install 21.11.3. Thermals seem fine. Just because I haven't said system consists of

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Ryzen 7 3700X

4 x 8Gb DDR4 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM

Gigabyte RX 6800 XT Gaming OC 

1TB NVMe WDBlack SN750 PCIe 3.0

1TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD

Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO 

Corsair RM850x 850w PSU

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

SO GPU-Z also showed a GPU memory clock that is quite high. Next I will see if Adrenaline shows similar results. I hope my card isn't busted.

gpuzmemory.gif

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

One thing I think fixed it is exiting Wallpaper Engine. We'll see. Hopefully I don't need to save up for a new motherboard and PSU. That is what I will end up doing if this doesn't fix it.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Adept III

Jump to solution

So I just got done playing some Halo and it isn't fixed. Could it be that there is a bug at the driver level, and it just isn't reporting correctly?

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please refer to the 21.11.3 driver release notes.

Known Issues
Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.

You can safely ignore this since it is just a software reading error. Your GPU memory is not running at that frequency, so please do not worry.

0 Likes