cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

needless
Adept I

Gigabyte rx 6700 xt eagle graphics card temperature?

Interested in temperature limits. In games, Gpu 70 is heated and hotspot 80 Is it normal?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes all AMD 5000 and 6000 series GPU cards has a Maximum Operating Temperature Hot Spot or Junction Temperature of 110c.

That is official from AMD itself.

NOTE: the only time you should be concerned  about the GPU's Temperature is when its start running at 100C or above or passes 110c.

When the Junction Temperature or Hot Spot reaches 110c the GPU card will automatically start to throttle or slow down to keep the Hot spot at 110c or below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

In my opinion those are good temperatures. Well within the GPU Maximum Operating Temperature of 110c for the Hot Spot which is the important temperature to watch for.

It turns out the maximum Gpu temperature is 110 and hotspot ?
0 Likes

Yes all AMD 5000 and 6000 series GPU cards has a Maximum Operating Temperature Hot Spot or Junction Temperature of 110c.

That is official from AMD itself.

NOTE: the only time you should be concerned  about the GPU's Temperature is when its start running at 100C or above or passes 110c.

When the Junction Temperature or Hot Spot reaches 110c the GPU card will automatically start to throttle or slow down to keep the Hot spot at 110c or below.

It turns out the maximum Gpu temperature is 110 and hotspot ?
0 Likes

She's hot on her own, am I right?

0 Likes

Yes, here's a comparison from TPU review.

temp6700xt.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

and there are no official temperatures from the manufacturer of video cards?

0 Likes