cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bogdandryanovski
Journeyman III

gigabyte rx 570 4gb gaming can't connect to DVI-D - DVI-D, only HDMI-HDMI

Today I bought a new monitor with only VGA and DVI-D slots and cable DVI-D to DVI-D. When I connect the card with the monitor it says No video output. Windows can't detect the monitor. Before I was using it with HDMI-HDMI cable. I am using the latest 20.2.1 drivers from 30.1.2020. Please help with some advice what can I do to make it work.

This is third monitor I am trying, for the first I was searching for hdmi to vga adapter but it was too expensive, the second only had hdmi slot and a lot of bad pixels, and now the third I can't use...

On startup I see the BIOS logo, I can operate in the BIOS, then I see the Windows logo and then nothing. Now, when I use the TV with HDMI I don't see the logo anymore, it just says No video input or cannot display this video mode change computer display input to 1920x1080@60hz and go to sleep mode. The TV works on exactly this resolution. I tried reinstalling the drivers many times - 20.1.3, 19.8.2, deleted and installed in safe mode. Tried to mannually insert the model in the monitor.inf file but I can't run it as administrator hence I can't save the changes.

I have updated the card BIOS to GV-RX570GAMING-4GD-MI.F62 when I bought it because it couldn't run.

Monitor: LCD monitor with LED backlight 226V4LAB/00 | Philips

Motherboard: Gigabyte PA65-UD3-B3

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

BIOS version: Award Software International, Inc. F12, 27.3.2012 г. (latest)

SMBIOS version: 2.4

I runned safe mode with base video, it was 800x600@64Hz, but I couldn't change anything, so it must be something from the gpu or the drivers. I am sure that the gpu works, because I used it with hdmi cable.

4 Replies
azizk
Adept I

I've same setup (HDMI+Dvi-D) on Rx570 and facing the same issue. Is your issue resolved? If yes, can you please share the solution?

Thank you!

0 Likes

No, I returned the cable and bought hdmi - vga adapter so i can use the monitor.

I also tried hard but all went in vain. So, I had to buy a connector (DisplayPort to VGA) for setting up my secondary monitor.

Thanks buddy!

Both of you guys, just to rule out a bug in the latest AMD Driver, try installing a previous AMD Driver and see if your DVI-D Video output starts working or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

Use this basic method to remove and install the previous AMD Driver:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

IF the above doesn't work than I suggest you both open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form