Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

xirombinha
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Does Not Support 14 Gbps BIOS

Try to ask for the gigabyte support which bios version your gpu came with from factory. They need to know.. based on the model name and serial number they've got this info. This bios version (FA0) is known for its unstability.. mostly if your gpu isn't suitable for it. We've read that not all GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD are suitable for this bios version, just ones the came with F1 bios originally.

0 Kudos
mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

Gigabyte tells you to contact the store that sold you the product to process the RMA. What is not covered by warranty. Bios updates are at the user's expense. But here you have the factory version and the two new ones. Giggabyte is kidding us with these GPUs.

VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT 6 GB | TechPowerUp 

0 Kudos
mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

• After two months of trying to contact Gigabyte about this gpu and his stupid and pointless responses I decided to write and amd. After so long we already know that those of us who buy rev 1.0 are left with a second-rate product, it is not upgradeable, they do not support the botched materials, increased performance. But at no time was it communicated. Clearly we have paid for being test bunnies and lost money, personally I think this is a scam that they are doing to us. Amd has not behaved better, useless and meaningless responses to what happens to all those customers who buy the first units with the promise of a performance that will not come to us and on top of second or third category materials. Let everyone really know what they have done and how they have played with their consumers and how they have really created second and first class customers, perhaps we have not paid the same or more for a product and have given us a paperweight with much worse performance? Now we have to screw up and have a gpu much worse than the rest and without the specifications they promised us. I invite you to write a complaint as I have done and ask that it be solved and justice be done. We all have a hard time making money and I don't think anybody likes them to play, experiment and cheat as they have done in these cases. Greetings to all. Embarrassing AMD and embarrassing Gigabyte.
0 Kudos
lucasb14
Adept I
Adept I

Hello, I have the bios version F60, and I suffer from crashes (the screen turns off, and it doesn't work until I turn off the PC and turn it on again). I have the latest controllers (without adrenaline). How did you solve it? Do I need to change the parameters with MorePowerTool to stop it freezing? I really don't need any more power. Thanks.

0 Kudos
cmack74
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So I followed your instructions and it worked perfect!  Better than the F2 BIOS for sure!  I stress tested with Total War 3 Kingdoms which would always generate a crash at some point.  Normally 3-4 hours into the game.  I've played for two huge sessions and not a single crash.

It was super frustrating that the F2 BIOS was so close to working well.  I wouldn't experience any crashes and then randomly, normally in long game sessions *boom* I would get the crash, red lights on the motherboard and a reboot.  Once in a blue moon I might even get a crash in Windows but that was pretty rare.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for creating the .mpt file and posting your success!  It works amazingly well and really isn't far off the performance of the FA0 BIOS.  Happy Camper here!

Cheers,

cmack

0 Kudos
chalitopower
Adept I
Adept I

Today Gigabyte Support told me this:
"The bios of the page which you comment on is no longer available, and another update will be available shortly which solves the problems caused"
0 Kudos
filipefps
Adept I
Adept I

Gigabyte removed the FA0 BIOS from its website. If you search their website, you will find two RX 5600 XT gaming OC, but only one of them has a BIOS to update.

Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global 

Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G (rev. 2.0) | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global 

0 Kudos
mangoo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I can confirm this. So far MorePowerTool fixed the my problems with this gpu. 

Also I noticed windows update clears settings set by MorePowerTool so you might wat to use it again.

0 Kudos
mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

• And above in the page of characteristics and support is that of Rev 2.0 in both cases. They have removed the FA0 because rev 2 already comes standard with the increase in memories, and the others are not upgradeable. So in a legal way they will tell you that they have specified their two models, shameful about Gigabyte. They are thieves who have stolen our money, lied to us and laugh at us. And AMD is not behaving better, does not want to know anything about the problem.They have no intention of solving anything.
0 Kudos
bassabiceps
Adept I
Adept I

So apparently there's two version for the same model, the "default" and the 2.0

How do I know wich one I have bought?!

And the "default" will ever get the frequency bios update?

0 Kudos