Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

andrewsss
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Does Not Support 14 Gbps BIOS

Thank you for your research! After Gigabyte releases a new BIOS you will not need to edit this sppt manually?

0 Kudos
andref24
Adept II
Adept II

It will be enough just to click Delete SPPT in MorePowerTool (it will remove Windows registry values), restart your PC and then original values from VBIOS will be taken into consideration.

0 Kudos
andrewsss
Adept II
Adept II

How can I make sure that the BIOS on my card was F60 before flashing?

0 Kudos
andref24
Adept II
Adept II

You can dump your card VBIOS via GPU-Z (arrow icon next to BIOS Version field).Then when you save it into a file you can open it in editor (for instance Notepad++ and other) and search for the GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD/F60/09F9 pattern. I hope this is what you were asking about.

0 Kudos
andrewsss
Adept II
Adept II

Do the same. Works normally. The memory frequency grew up. Thanks! Yesterday I played Battlefield 5. Performance is higher than on VBIOS F2 by about 7-10 frames. The picture is smoother, there are no freezes at the start. I'm happy with. But Gigabyte wrote a request for Support when the new BIOS for Rev 1.0 cards is released.

0 Kudos
mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

• Gigabyte is not being clear and I personally feel that we have been scammed by both AMD and Gigabyte. It's been over a month without giving a clear answer to my emails with stupid answers and that have nothing to do with the subject. Someone should be responsible for this. Shameful. They are laughing at us selling second-class products as if they were good and then they look the other way. Those who have given us the paperweight with the bios F60 are not going to update it or do anything. Cut in materials and quality, do not support performance improvement. They sold us garbage and they knew they were doing it, and they didn't care. I will never buy an AMD video card or Gigabyte product again. In my opinion we should jointly demand a solution, otherwise they will do nothing.
stray
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Sorry I did not fully understand, in my case I suffer from crashes and black screens when playing, is this a possible solution? (PS: I have the same graphics card and I made the mistake of updating vBios)

0 Kudos
xirombinha
Adept III
Adept III

Yeah! You need to check if your card came with F1 or F60 bios from factory. Try to downgrade.. Avoid these new bioses. Use this tutorial to raise the clocks to the same the vbios set but using MorePowerTool. It's quite simple.

I encourage you aswell to use DDU and AMD Cleanup tool to uninstall your chipset and gpu drivers and installed the lastest ones available in amd website. When installing the GPU drivers, try to not install the adrenalin.. just the drivers by using device manager. If you need to do simples tweaks i recommend you to use ASUS GPU Tweak II.. but get rid of adrenalin software for a while.

Good luck!

xirombinha
Adept III
Adept III

Try to turn off windows update for a while.. like 1 month.. and see how it goes.

0 Kudos
mangoo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Did any of your motherboards dram led light up(or any dram faulty indicator activate) and then flashes after black screen crash?

Mine did and i think it indicates that my cpu or motherboard is malfunctioning(i don't include ram because I've tested ram sticks from a different brand and they were QVL listed). But I strongly suspect my gpu is causing crashing after I did vbios update and everytime I check Windows reliability history most of crashing times Radeon Software Host Apllication crashes before black screen .

And yes I didn't look up which VBIOS version did i have and I regret it. I tried finding it by dumping files from GPU-Z  as andref24 wrote and all i found was GV-R56XTGAMING OC-6GD/FA0/0A25. 

So is there some way of finding your old VBIOS version or flash gpu to its original version or do i just blindly choose one of two to flash and hope for better gpu performance?

0 Kudos