cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cityzenriot
Journeyman III

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT freezes and restarts to no display

Computer boots into windows and after 1-10 minutes my computer freezes and restarts with no display (solid VGA light on motherboard). Trying to see if anyone else has had this issue before and can give me tips please and thank you.

I have already reseated everything on the computer and I do not have an extra graphics card to test because this is my first build.

0 Likes
4 Replies
xirombinha
Adept III

Try to give us more information about this issue and about your setup specs.

0 Likes
piskeante
Adept I

Since it's your first build, it's possible that your problem is not your GPU. Random Freezes are more related to overclock/undervolt (CPU or GPU). Easiest way to "diagnose" the problem is to use another GPU that you know it works (from a friend, for example). If your computer works for at least 12 hours with no issues, it was your GPU or some problem related to it (be it drivers, installation, cable, PSU, etc). If with another GPU that works , you still have freezes, then you would have to troubleshot each component, one by one. If you have 2 ram sticks, put just one. and see if that makes a difference (sometimes ram sticks are faulty). Watch closely your CPU temps (maybe the cpu cooler is not correctly placed and the CPU overheats). 

0 Likes

Having the same problem as OP on fresh build too. The pc run well with the windows drivers. If I install AMD drivers, black screen on reboot and solid VGA light. I can update the drivers and play a game but I must not close the PC. SO the computer is pretty unsusable as of now. Tried all the bios F60 F2 and FA0 with the drivers 20.1.3, 20.2.2 and 20.4.2 All of them resulting at black screen reboot

R5 3600 not OC

B450 Tomahawk Max

G.Skills 3200 16GB

Gigabyte 5600xt Gaming OC

EVGA 600 BR+

0 Likes
Bash1234
Journeyman III

Did you ever fix the issue? I’m having the same one as we speak.

0 Likes