System Information:

GPU 0 - Gigabyte HD 7870 2GB

GPU 1 - Asus HD 7790 2GB

Intel Core i3-2120, 3400 MHz

Asus P8P67 LE LGA1155 / 3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16.4 DDR3 DIMMs,

SPD - 4 GB (2 * TwinMOS 9DECBMZB-TATP 2GB);

SSD Kingston 60 GB

Display LG IPS234 23 "LCD

I'm having a problem with a Gigabyte HD7870 graphics card. When you turn on your computer, the monitor displays the primary BIOS screen, the Win 10 boot screen,

and then a black screen appears.

When booting in safe mode, the system boots, but does not see the video processor.

AIDA64 displays information from the device, but as I understand it, the "Component ID" information is not specified!

When trying to override BIOS Video Processor, "ATIflash.exe - adapter not foun" displays a message!

What advise you to do

in the service center refused to repair

0 Likes
1 Reply
udidwht
Adept III

Does your CPU have integrated Intel HD graphics support? If so, remove your GPU, reboot into the BIOS and be sure the setting is enabled to allow use of the CPU graphics. Once confirmed reboot and see if Windows will boot.

I just had a similar issue (5/7/18) and after several hours of racking my brain at trying to get to the desktop I decided to pull the GPU (XFX HD 7870DD).

Bingo! I was able to get Windows 10 Pro to boot without the screen going out. I'm not 100% sure if the GPU card is dead or if this is related to a Microcrap update. The day (5/7/18) the PC screen went out my wife woke me (late afternoon) saying the PC wasn't working. It was on & working when I came home that morning (5/7/18). I made several attempts at rebooting and Windows 10 Pro would start normally then at different points during startup the screen would go out. Usually would happen during the spinning icon or shortly after getting to the desktop. I was able to get into 'Safe mode' after the standard (3) failed restarts of Win 10. The PC had no issues within safe mode.

I know the system was at version 1709 build 16299.371 just prior to my wife alerting me the PC wasn't working. But did Windows 10 update during the 8hrs that I was asleep prior to my wife waking me? Don't know. Once I got back home I made several unsuccessful attempts to resolve it before deciding on clean install.

Even a clean install did not fix the issue (HD 7870DD) still installed at this point). Tried this a few times  and each time same results with exception that sometimes the screen would go out later (shortly after Win10 install on the desktop). It was after these attempts that I decided to remove the GPU. Now I'm running on the Intel HD 3000 graphics (i5 2500K) without any issues.

System is now on 1803 build 17134.48 and running fine. I now have a new RX 570 coming so we'll see how this goes...

0 Likes