Journeyman III

General Issues With 5700xt

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card: Red Devil 5700xt 8GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System: Desktop
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Display Driver Version Installed: 20.4.2
  • Display Devices:
    - Asus VG278, Displayport to Displayport, 1080p 144hz, freesync.
    - BenQ GW2760HS, HDMI to HDMI, 1080p 60hz.
  • Motherboard: B450-A PRO (MS-7B86)
  • Bios Revision: E7B86AM.A00
  • Bios Build Date: 06/26/2018
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (Non X)
  • Power Supply Unit: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR 500 W1, 80+ White 500W
  • RAM: 16gb 2x8GB (correct slots 2,4) 3000MHz

Describe your issue:

I started off with having issues with FPS in CS:GO, since upgrade from my EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, I went from 300+ FPS with that card to 100-160FPS with the 5700xt. I've also tried running rust and have under usage from the GPU and nowhere near the frame rates my friend gets with a 2060 Super. Every time I attempt to play Minecraft (With java 8 installed and attempting to dedicate different types of ram) I always get a complete computer freeze where my left monitor is green, and my right one is black, leaving the system unresponsive to power downs. I tried maxed settings, medium settings and low settings, recommended settings from other people in the community experiencing my problem, and still have no success. I've tried other driver versions that other forum posts like mine have recommended, display driver uninstaller, with no success. I've started the return on my 5700xt, since I expected it to perform like a $800 card should, but I want to see if I can fix it in the 2 week period I have before I get my 2060 Super. I've tried turning off and on all the "Gaming" settings with no change.

0 Likes
4 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Does it work with just 1 monitor attached at a time?

0 Likes

Hmm, For some reason it fixed my computer green screening while playing minecraft, but it hasn't affected my FPS in CS:GO. As soon as I turned my second monitor back on, my minecraft crashed, but on CS:GO nothing happened.

EDIT: With further testing, minecraft still causes my computer to green screen.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 5700 XT

System Requirements Minimum System Power requirement: 700W

0 Likes

Thank you, I've ordered a new power supply, (750 watt 80+ gold) do you think my power supply is limiting the fps? Or would that just cause the crashes?

0 Likes