cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neons_awesome
Journeyman III

Games running slow after graphics driver update

I was having an issue with my screen turning random colors and my computer crashing, and one of the fixes I tried was updating my drivers. It didn't work, but now that I've solved that problem by doing a thorough cleaning on the card itself, all the games I play seem to run a lot slower. I tried doing a system restore, which failed multiple times (file couldn't be extracted, or something like that), and also tried rolling back, but realized I had gotten rid of previous versions. I went to the website and chose an older version of the drivers, but the problem remains. I don't know what version of the drivers I had before all of this, so I don't know what to go to, nor do I know if it would even be possible to as I got this computer years ago and never had a need to update my drivers. I have a Radeon 550 series graphics card.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I presume you are talking about a RX 550 GPU card.

Sound like your GPU card was overheating and may still be getting hot enough for the GPU card to start throttling.

What type of Temperatures are you seeing when you start playing a game or Stressing the GPU card?

Did you have this problem before or since you got the GPU card?

Go to this website and see if your computer hardware meets the Minimum Requirements to run the games you want to run : Can You RUN It | Can I Run It | Can My PC Run It 

0 Likes

I've had this computer for years, same graphics card, and my PC has never had trouble playing games. I doubt it's overheating as it's getting low fps as soon as the game even starts and my temperature is still about idle, 35. I don't know the tempurature of it when I run games, as I've never had a reason to check. Overheating has never been a problem of mine.

0 Likes