cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

daathz
Adept I

Games from computer are choosing the integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated graphics card

So basically i got into my pc and before this day the pc always used the dedicated graphics card ( rx 580 8gb) but somehow i got into the pc and realized by the task manager that some games like minecraft are using this intel(r) uhd graphics 630 on gpu instead of the rx 580 

I already tried going on device manager and disabling it but when i start the game for example minecraft it crashes the game 

how can i fix this do i have to go into my bios maybe?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In theory, if a discrete graphics card is connected, it should be used by default anyway, and you don't need to configure anything, but where do you have a monitor connected to? into a video card(rx580) or a motherboard?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
daathz
Adept I

got into bios changed to pcie and automatically changes to cpu graphics for no reason tired of this

0 Likes

Have you assigned the high performance graphics to the game/application?

Screenshot_3.png

0 Likes

in other games like valorant or csgo this actually works but for example in minecraft it doesnt if i do this it will crash my game

thanks for answering

0 Likes

In theory, if a discrete graphics card is connected, it should be used by default anyway, and you don't need to configure anything, but where do you have a monitor connected to? into a video card(rx580) or a motherboard?

0 Likes

omg cant believe it im so dumb

thank u so much bro i was already giving up

0 Likes

i had this problem quite frequently
amd and microsoft are both responsible for this mess, mostly microsoft for not having a proper setting and options letting you choose what graphic you want your software to run with...this fiasco gets more complicated when you have more than 2 graphic on your pc while microsoft only display 2 of them at his pleasure and choice , namely power saver and high performance....
like myself right now i have 2 dedicated graphic and 1 intel integrated but i only get those 2 options unless the software/game itself allow me to choose the graphic adaptor.

0 Likes