cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ismoiloff
Journeyman III

Games doesn't see my GPU Radeon R9

I have laptop Lenovo Y40-70 that has a GPU AMD Radeon R9. I also installed drivers for the video card. Drivers version 20.4.2. But when i installing games like PES 19. When start the game it shows that not enough GPU:VRAM. How to solve this problem?

3 Replies

I would need to know exactly what R9 graphics you have installed to know for sure. I think that your graphics fall bellow the minimum specifications for that game. 

The mobile variants of chips while they have similar numbers to their desktop variants are most the time much slower and or much older architecture. 

If you know what your graphics are you can search for that vs the minimum HD 7870 and see if your GPU is indeed not meeting specifications. 

These are the minimum specs for that game:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 game details

PES 2019 is back for the 2019 season! You will need a GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 to see the new graphics. Plus a Core i5-3470 or an AMD FX-4350. As usual, the graphics have been revamped to an almost photo-realistic level. Player mechanics have also been updated: fatigue will have an extremely visible effect on your players' ability to run, shoot, and dribble. If running the pitch isn't your only thing, prepare your inner manager and take on the ML Real Season.

Here are the Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 System Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 / AMD FX 4350
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX 8350
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R9 270X
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4 GB
0 Likes

As I said I don't know exactly what series R9 you have but I chose a common one used in laptops to show it relative to the minimum HD 7870. 

Also you likely have half the memory needed for the GPU in the specs too. 

You likely can't fix this on your laptop. Unlike desktops where you can swap in new parts to help, this is not common on laptops. While some have existed as there are always exceptions to the rule. I would guess about 99% are not upgradeable in graphics.

You can see the difference here: https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=675&gid2=2222&compare=AMD%20Radeon%20HD%207870-vs-AMD%... 

0 Likes

Now i installed the PES13 version and the same problem.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes