Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

wgre
Adept I

Games detecting Intel HD Graphics instead instead of AMD graphics chip

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.pngUntitled5.png

0 Likes
26 Replies

Seems like that is a common problem with your Dell Inspiron 3521 with HD7670M GPU card.

Here are some links of previous threads (old) about that:

Solved: AMD switchable graphics not working properly - Dell Community 

Solved: AMD RADEON nonfuction on Inspiron 3521 - Dell Community 

Solved: Dell inspiron 15 3521 with AMD 7670m graphics, problem with switchable graphics in games lik...

This is Dell's procedure on how to make your laptop switchable: Solved: Re: How to switch from integrated intel video card to ati radeon video card in inspiron 14Z ... 

Also this link: Solved: Success Story with getting switchable graphics to work on Windows 10 with an Inspiron 15r se... . This method might work on your laptop also.

You can download your Dell's laptop model drivers from Dell Support from here: Support for Inspiron 3521 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US 

Your HD7670M is considered to be legacy. AMD doesn't support your laptop GPU with anymore updated drivers. The last drivers available were:

WQHL - 2015

BETA - 2016

Seems like your Laptop is a very low budget Laptop not meant to play games according to the above link's threads. Also it mentions to check the games to see if it supports switchable graphics in a laptop.

i was play same game always as well with amd  , problem happen when install new version windows 10

0 Likes

What previous Windows version worked well with your games? What Windows 10 version you have installed now?

0 Likes

previous Windows version worked well with amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit

Windows 10 version 1709 

Windows 10 version 1803

but now install new Windows 10 version 1809 and install amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit  and make normal settings but Games detecting Intel HD Graphics instead .

NB: when install AMD Driver not happen black screen as when install any Graphics driver .

0 Likes
wgre
Adept I

Thanks to all , the problem has been solvedUntitled.png

0 Likes

how did you fix it?

0 Likes
wgre
Adept I

I changed many things , so actually no can say what exactly who fix
but it's the something is what i do:
1: change in power plans
2: change in intel control panel settings
3: change in system configuration(advanced options )

0 Likes

Thanks, those will be good troubleshooting tips for the future.

What Windows power plan did you have originally and changed too?

What did you change in System configuration?

Does Intel Control Panel have setting for the discrete GPU Card?

Just asking for future reference, No need to reply or answer if you don't want to.

Thanks

Good Troubleshooting.

0 Likes
wgre
Adept I

What Windows power plan did you have originally and changed too?

originally i was only (balanced) power plan options , so fix it and now have 3 power plan options: 

balanced

power saver 

High Performance (changed advanced power settings to be maximize Performance)power plan.png

What did you change in System configuration?

System configuration.pngSystem configuration2.png

Does Intel Control Panel have setting for the discrete GPU Card?

intel.pngintel2.pngintel3.png

its all what i remember  , when i remember anything other be comment here later 

0 Likes

Most likely is that you need in laptops to be in "High Performance" for both GPUs to work correctly. I was told that "Balanced" Performance was the wrong Windows Power setting for game playing.

Thank you very much for your information.

Appreciated your input.

0 Likes
mgr
Journeyman III

Please Help me I have the same hardware and I can't play pes 2013 on it it tells me insufficient video memory how did you increased your vram?

0 Likes
wgre
Adept I

but now have other problem , when start game screen be very bad #elstacigame.png

and Game detecting Amd 

Untitled.png

0 Likes

Your Intel CPU Processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game you are trying to play.

according to the image you posted, you need a i5-3470 Intel CPU minimum. You have an i3-3217U Intel CPU.

That is why it is saying "BAD" for your Intel CPU.

Your Laptop doesn't seem to meet the basic requirements to run that game.

Difference between i3 and i5 Intel Processors:

Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 — the difference in a nutshell. Generally speaking, Core i7s are better than Core i5s, which are in turn better than Core i3s. Core i7 does not have seven cores nor does Core i3 have three cores. The numbers are simply indicative of their relative processing powers.

What is the difference between Intel Core i3, i5 and i7? - PC World

Which one is better i3 or i5?
Core i3 processors don't have Turbo Boost, but i5 and i7s do. ... This means you can force the CPU to run at a higher speed than its base speed all the time for better performance. A dual-core processor running at a faster speed than a quad-core processor could have similar performance overall.Feb 1, 2019

Intel Core i3, i5 and i7: Which Do You Need? - Tech Advisor

Is Core i3 good enough?
Intel's Core i3 is ideal for people who don't require much power. These processors are more affordable, and they have hyper-threading for improved performance under load but aren't powerful enough for advanced gaming or intensive applications. ... The Core i5 takes a quad-core processor and strips out hyper-threading.Feb 1, 2017

Intel Core i3, i5 and i7: Which processor is best for you? | Windows ..

wgre
Adept I

I was play same game since 6 months and it work well  , problem happen when install new  windows only 

0 Likes

I would suggest you go the game's Support site and see if the problem is your laptop hardware.

The game is saying that your i3 doesn't meet the processor requirements for the game.

If it worked before then I really don't have an answer except what the Game is saying about minimum requirements.

Here is the Minimum Requirements for PES 2019:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Minimum System Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz.
  • RAM: 8 GB System Memory.
  • GPU RAM: 2GB Video Memory.
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 670 or Radeon HD 7870.
  • HDD: 30GB Available Hard Drive Space.
  • DX: DirectX 11.

Your laptop has an i3 processor not a minimum i5 processor.

Your laptop has 4 gbytes of System RAM not a minimum of 8 gbytes of System RAM.

I got the above information from here: https://www.game-debate.com/news/25471/pro-evolution-soccer-2019-system-requirements-revealed 

Test your game on your laptop to see if it compatible from the same website and see if it passes: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35460&game=Pro%20Evolution%20Soccer%202019#systemre... 

Good luck!

0 Likes
wgre
Adept I

of course my laptop is little  minimum requirements ,but it can solved by anti LAG programs , and was plying it game normal  on my laptop  before , but its problem  screen flickering while playing game , its not happen before with same laptop .game.png

Really sorry, But I am out of suggestions. 

Why your laptop ran the game before when you don't have the minimum requirement with the previous Windows version and now with the latest Windows version you are having problems. I really am lost as to why.

Maybe someone else might offer some more suggestions.

hi i have simillar problem but it didnt fix the same way he did i have dell vostro 3560 lot stronger than his i7 w 8cores  but the problem w me is that the gpu wont even switch even tho i was playing normaly few days ago valorant on 60 fps without problem now i have pathetic 18 in lobby

0 Likes

I have same Laptop. Problem with new Windows updates can not be solved because driver is out of date. 7670m is legacy GPU. GPU only use about 30% at DX11, and work well at DX9. The best performance way is install Windows 1709, it works well. But when your laptop's motherboard is dieing, you should change it to Dell Inspiron 7520 motherboard with AMD 7730m. Although that motherboard has no Express Card, no keyboard light, but it works better, stronger and always get recent driver.

So if install Windows 1709 , it works well, without change motherboard?

0 Likes

Yes. Just install 1709 and stop updating. It works better. 1803 also make CPU weaker by patching Meltdown & Spectre. About tearing screen problem, it's driver issue. 16.2.1 Unifl Driver solve that but not work well as 1709. Sadly there is no new driver for our device. I also find out that Borderless/Windows works better than Full Screen.

7670m is very weak now. I'm thinking about using eGPU.

0 Likes

Hello wgre.

Can you contact me ASAP please? I really need to speak with you about this problems you had.  Can we chat somewhere? Discord? Skype or whatever else.  I need it very much.

Waiting for response.

0 Likes

can whatsapp bro

0 Likes

I need you wgre regarding this. Please contact me somehow.

0 Likes

The easy way to solve the problem is to disable the integrated graphics and use the discrete logic

0 Likes
khosangocom
Journeyman III

so cool

0 Likes