Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pedminacar
Adept I

Games crashing after startup

Hi

Suddenly yesterday my games started crashing while they are starting up. Basically the screen freezes after some time on the startup and then the screen goes black and after some time I'm again on the desktop view. The interesting part is that the second time I try to enter the game, the crash doesn't happen right away, only after some minutes of gameplay. This suddenly happened after yesterday I was working on libreoffice and opened lots of tabs (more than 20 for sure) on the Chrome browser. After I finished my work I tried to enter the game and the issue started. I already rebooted the computer several times and when I enter the games the crash happens. I didn't change the drivers at first but I tried to install the new ones, thinking it might solve the problem, but no results, I rollbacked to the previous ones. It seems the drivers are crashing since there is an warning in event viewer saying "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 5700xt 8GB Mech OC

RAM: 8x2 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ

PSU: Corsair RM750x

0 Likes
0 Replies