Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

games crash since I have a RX 590

(Sorry im french)

Hello to all,

I decided to upgrade my configuration "gamer" by adding a RX 590. So I replaced my GTX 760 2GBDDR5 with a RX 590 NITRO + 8GBDDR5.

However, I run the latest games such as PUBG, Star Wars Battlefront 2 in ultra, except that a little problem appears after 10-15min of session, the game cuts itself.

If you had a hypothesis about the nature of the problem?

My current configuration:
      -Asus P8Z77-V
      -Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz)
      -Noctua NH-U9B SE2
      -RX 590 NITRO+ 8GBDDR5
      -Corsair CX Bronze, 600 Watts
      -DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, 3 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
      -Hyperx 3k 120go
      -Seagate Barracuda, 500 Go
      -Zalman Z9 U3

Thank's.

64 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: games crash since I have a RX 590

I have the same problem with RX 590 NITRO+ 8GBDDR5.

No solve yet.

Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

When I read something like that the first thing I wonder is did  you use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove the NVidia graphics drivers?

You still can by running DDU in safemode and selecting to remove the nvidia drivers and I'd also remove the amd drivers and set it restart afterwards.

THEN install the latest from AMD again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I have the same problem, but my PC is new. I assambled it from new components. No wrond drivers, no nvidia drivers.

All games crash. The game closes itself or reboot system. I checked temperature. It's OK. I checked drivers. I updated bios on motherboard and also in graphic card. No solve yet. All games crash or reboot my system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

please follow this: https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

In the meantime.. run a memtest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

He does not have to take people for fools without knowing what they did before ....
First, I reinstalled my windows with this new graphics card to start on a new basis...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I've solved this problem just now. My RAM was overclocked by voltage. I set it to default settings and the problem was solved. The games don't crash any more. 

Sorry for my bad English

I hope that my fix will help you to solve the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Nearly all rx480, 580 and now 590 suffer these in game screen goes black, audio still is heard and screen may recover or kick you out of game. If this sounds like what you have going on, it is a power limit issue. The default drivers don't give the card a high enough power ceiling. In Wattman raise the power limit slider to its maximum. I believe it is 50 for that card, but whatever the max is put it there and try it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thank's for your answer, These steps are done :

-Update motherboard to latest version.

-Update motherboard chipset driver to latest version

-Make sure the Windows OS you are using up to date with all patches release from Microsoft.

-Remove all you previous card drivers (Nvidia or ATI drivers)

-Install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Optional driver

-Update your game patch as well

So I could try your solution.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thank's for your answer, I've tried your solution ( wattman + clear_cmos), so now, for example, when Im playing at PUBG in Ultra, the game crash between 25-30 minutes with an error messages, before it was between 15 minutes without error messages. I don't have any ideas where I can search a solution...