Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spriurm
Adept I

games crash since I have a RX 590

(Sorry im french)

Hello to all,

I decided to upgrade my configuration "gamer" by adding a RX 590. So I replaced my GTX 760 2GBDDR5 with a RX 590 NITRO + 8GBDDR5.

However, I run the latest games such as PUBG, Star Wars Battlefront 2 in ultra, except that a little problem appears after 10-15min of session, the game cuts itself.

If you had a hypothesis about the nature of the problem?

My current configuration:
      -Asus P8Z77-V
      -Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz)
      -Noctua NH-U9B SE2
      -RX 590 NITRO+ 8GBDDR5
      -Corsair CX Bronze, 600 Watts
      -DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, 3 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
      -Hyperx 3k 120go
      -Seagate Barracuda, 500 Go
      -Zalman Z9 U3

Thank's.

69 Replies

I have, I uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD software last night, it still happened.

I'll see if it happens today. 

get back here if problems persist

So just to update, since going to the new drivers it hasn't done what it usually does (freeze, crash, need to hard restart), but last night, I loaded up Atlas and as it was loading into the game, it looked like it was but then everything came back up seemingly as normal. But once my screen went black, I started the hard shut down, only to notice that everything seemingly came back, but it was already in the process of shutting down.... figured it was the same story. There might be hope for this card and the AMD software after all. I'll keep posting through the weekend in a new forum.

0 Likes

try running the game(s) on medium settings and see if that works better

I've turned down settings to the point games look like garbage and it still freezes and ends up crashing my games, everything else comes back up though so I'm hoping something is moving in the right direction. I've started a new thread, will link when it's live. 

0 Likes

does GPU-Z sensors show any thermal issues?

0 Likes

GPU-Z? This is not English to me. lmao, newer to the PC community : p How would I tell; I've been monitoring the temp in the AMD software and there are no issues coming up, and the temp really doesn't go about 75-80 degrees (which I know is still warm, I jst placed an order for fans to hopefully help).

more fans are always helpful

AMD drivers tend to be slow to stabilize. combined with issues in windows I suggest patience

check for BIOS updates, windows updates and driver updates and hope it stabilizes

windows 10 telemetry does find it was to hardware vendors when issues are identified

0 Likes

I have the exact same problem here with a new rx590 on a new ryzen-7 / x470 build and got some info to possibly add (same exact problems as you with freezing or driver crashing under windows 10). I have used the new driver from windows (v19.3.2) and crashes happen with just desktop use...nevermind running a game. Here's where the rub comes -- I have run the same card under Linux (the lastest linux driver from AMD and 4.15 kernel) for weeks, very stable. Not a single issue. I can even game (issue comes with lack of user tools for Linux ... like 'Deep Chill' or whatever they call it, fan control does not seem to work well in Linux driver). The card starts to overheat but, primarily because of low fan speed

I believe the driver has some issues with this new card. 

spriurm
Adept I

I think that since I activated the option XMP and VMX in the BIOS, the problem is "fixed".

Indeed, it is only on Apex that the problem is still present, I played for hours on Resident Evil 2 Remake and The Division 2 without any problems.

apex still has some problems, try it on dx11 and see if its more stable

rhino712
Adept I

Given the fact that things are crashing even after swapping cards and not gaming, I would say all symptoms are pointing to the power supply, motherboard, or memory. If you have an older gpu that runs in the same pci slot with no issues that will rule out the motherboard. Also make sure your motherboard is compatible with the vega and 590.

0 Likes

How do I know if the motherboard is compatible?

As for the RAM, I made 2 pass with memtest with each bar individually, no errors detected.

And the power supply, I put an ATX power tester and here are the values :

that is well within spec

I think it's good since I've activated option XMP and VMX, so now, the problem was just on Apex so I think it's a problem of the game.

0 Likes
shandyvali
Adept I

Here is the thread I started regarding my current issue(s)

https://community.amd.com/thread/237399 

0 Likes
thartung
Journeyman III

Hey All,

I've been following this thread for a while because I've been having the exact same issue.  I think that I have come across a solution, at least on my end.  The biggest culprit was Rise of the Tomb Raider, and like everyone has been saying, game will run for a while and then black screen, sometimes with a buzzing sound through my speakers. I actually came across something interesting when I was going through the patch notes of the latest Radeon Settings update.  Unfortunately it wasn't under the fixes category, but it was under the known issues, saying: "Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products." Although I have an RX 590 rather than a 5700 series GPU, I had to give it a try.  Although I'm sad to say this because it is an absolutely amazing feature, since disabling it in the settings under "Wait for Vertical Refresh" and switching to "Off, unless application specifies" which is the default for Balanced Graphics Profile, I have had absolutely no problems with the game crashing.  Unfortunately what I have had problems with is frame rate drops, and have had to go from Ultra to High in a lot of games until I can tinker further.  I believe that this has 100% fixed my issue with crashing, and wanted to share it with the community because I was about a day away from pulling the trigger on a 2070 Super.

0 Likes
liverpoolovac
Journeyman III

Hello everybody. Had this problem now. I was trying litterally everything and then I concluded the problem.
I put my RAM in BIOS at 2400 mhz(till then 2133 mhz.). Good luck everybody.#sapphire rx590 nitro+#ram

0 Likes
josefredo
Journeyman III

Fixed in new adrenaline 2020 edition controller!

0 Likes
denistro
Journeyman III

I would say that RX590 and Radeon and AMD Radeon sofrware are pice of Blizzard.

After update it became only worst, I realy want to see fired those "specialst" who were responsible for R&D for both of those products.

Actualy I'm not sure how AMD could gain such Blizzard staff and still able to sell it.

0 Likes
macokn
Journeyman III

Have the same issue. I got Gigabyte RX590 8gb. Having problem playing Dota 2, game crash between 15 - 20 minutes playing. Tried all setting on Dota 2 but no luck. 

Finally I able to fix my problem by using the radeon software setting. 

I created Game Profile for Dota 2. Performance > Tuning > Add Game Profile > Dota 2. Set Tuning Control to Manual. Set Fan Tuning to Enabled. Set Advance Control to Enabled. Click Fine Tuning Controls. I adjust my fan speed to set my gpu temp not to exceed 70C. 

Every time I play Dota 2, I open Radeon Software > Gaming > Dota 2 > Launch GameUntitled.pngUntitled2.png

josefredo
Journeyman III

pastedImage_1.pngWhat has solved the problem for me is to change the max frequency to -10

This fixed the crashing and made games playable.. But, I just upgraded from  GTX 780 Ti to an RX 590 and there are ZERO gains with UE4 games. All my other games run great and have a lot of improvement, but UE4 based games tank to 30-45FPS which is about where they were on the 780 Ti, only the 780 never crashed and was smooth.

Something needs to be done about this.

0 Likes
macokn
Journeyman III

I'm still having trouble with my rx590 with my setting. I will try your fix

Thanks

0 Likes
briankoch709
Journeyman III

I have the same issue!! It's frustrating as heck!

System:

Ryzen 5 2600

32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5600XT

It used to be pretty stable to 20.2.2, but now it will crash even using that version. I'm getting sick of having to rejoin games frequently.

0 Likes
Name
Journeyman III

I have been having problems with this card for one year and finnaly I fixed it.
I had to change the thermal paste.
I tried every possible sollution found on the internet and finally decided to void the warranty and the thermal paste was everywhere but not on the contact spot.
Ofcourse, this is just my case.

0 Likes
Chandu26
Journeyman III

I created this account just to let you all know I found the REAL FIX for this. I know you all tried everything you could. Just follow these steps and it will be resolved for sure. 

GPU has 7 stages and when GPU tries to switch in between them, the games crash. Follow the steps here to fix this :

1) Open Radeon Software > Performance > Tuning 

2) Enable the option for GPU Tuning & Advance Control. Just below that you will see 7 States of GPU. 

Set them as follows:

State 0: 300Mhz and rest all the states on 1300Mhz (recommended) 

3) On the right side select Power tuning and then slide the bar to the maximum. Select Apply settings on top. 

Once you have done that, play your game at Ultra Settings and the desired FPS. It will no longer crash. Thank me later! 

Hello!

I have a same crash problem with sapphire RX 590.

About 2 years ago I build a new PC to can play games ultra graphics in FHD.
My PC: Sapphire RX590 8Gb, Gigabyte Z390UD, Corsair DDR4 2x8 GB 3000mhz, Chiftec 750 W, WD 1 TB HDD and WD 500 GB SSD, Intel I5 9400F. Display Asus FHD ML229 75hz

A lot of games do crashing like: Destiny 2, Metro Exodus and DLCs, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Quake Champions, Rage 2 and DLCs, Serious Sam 4, Subnautica Below Zero, Cyberpunk 2077.
I not change the base settings most of times, but sometimes I do.

The base things not help, like setup the latest driver for the card and windows, or not overclocking, or nvidia driver on the computer ect.

Another things NOT solve the problem:
- fan tuning to take the temperature below 70°C
-  the max acustic limit
- the powersaving thing in windows
- the same GPU clock for the 7 condition (restart the PC)
- the max GPU clock change to the Base Frequency

Sometimes it solve but most of time NOT:
- Fix FPS, or Vsync in the game (the best)
- fan tuning to take the temperature below 70°C (it works on Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn but the others NOT)

In Cyberpunk 2077 I try the AMD fieldity to maybe do something. I got same extra fps but the game freeze and crash due to the software. 

Why AMD cards like these I mean I read all the pages to that and another forums but It has no solution??? (except buy an nvidia card)

Created an account just to say that the solution Chandu26 posted worked for me.

Thank you, absolute legend!

Hope this works for anyone else having this problem as well.

0 Likes

I purchased the XFX RX-590 Fatboy in November 2019.  I've been battling this card ever since.  Playing games with default settings on AMD software, and half of them will play fine, half of them will crash in 5-20 minutes.  My crash is a black screen with audio continuing, but the game obviously stops.  Discord voice chat and Steam voice chat still work after crash and before hard restart.

MOBO:  ASUS Prime X470-Pro (all latest updates applied)
CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
SSD:  Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe
Power Supply:  EVGA 750W GQ 80+ Gold (way more than enough)
GPU:  XFX RX-590 Fatboy 8GB OC+ 1580MHz DDR5

Original RAM:  Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 8GB x 2 (16GB)
Current RAM:  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3600 MHz DDR4 16GB x 4 (64GB)

I use a dual monitor setup.  Originally I had 2 27" Sceptre Cerved 144Hz monitors, but my youngest son smashed both of them.  Now I have 2 27" Monoprice 144Hz monitors.

I have tried buying all new RAM.  I've tried setting GPU Tuning Frequencies all to 1100 and 1300, with voltages to 1100, 1150, 1200, and Power Tuning > Power Limit to 50%.  I've tried installing JUST the drivers without AMD software.  I've tried using RAZER Cortex instead of AMD software.  I've tried allowing Windows to install whatever drivers it wanted.  I tried returning the card to XFX and got a new card.  For the dual monitor setups, I've tried unplugging a monitor, I've tried turning off extend display to only use the one monitor, and I've used the dual monitor.  Occasionally I'll get it to play for hours with no problem, but I'll power it down for the night to go to bed, come back the next day, and BAM, crash to black within an hour.  I've gotten it to do this with single and dual monitor setups.  Temps, according to AMD Adrenaline, stay at or below 75 C.

I'm not an in depth computer guy.  I can check model numbers and try to make sure things are listed as beingcompatible.  I'm pretty sure everything I have on this computer is compatible.

I have CPUID CPU-Z, but honestly, I don't really know how to read all this.  I understand MHz and GB... but I don't understand timing, or "Uncore Frequency" or "DRAM Frequency".  Why are none of them 3600?  But XMP-3596 Frequency is 1798, which is supposed to be half of 3600 and voltage at 1.350 V, so that's working, apparently....  

I have been battling this card for over 2 years now.  I am completely at my wit's end.  I hate this card, I hate AMD, I hate XFX, and I hate AMD's Discord server that requires you to have a reddit account in order to chat.

Please, please, please help....  This was my first AMD build.  I've always used NVidia and Intel before this, and I so seriously regret switching to AMD at this point.

0 Likes