Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spriurm
Adept I

games crash since I have a RX 590

(Sorry im french)

Hello to all,

I decided to upgrade my configuration "gamer" by adding a RX 590. So I replaced my GTX 760 2GBDDR5 with a RX 590 NITRO + 8GBDDR5.

However, I run the latest games such as PUBG, Star Wars Battlefront 2 in ultra, except that a little problem appears after 10-15min of session, the game cuts itself.

If you had a hypothesis about the nature of the problem?

My current configuration:
      -Asus P8Z77-V
      -Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz)
      -Noctua NH-U9B SE2
      -RX 590 NITRO+ 8GBDDR5
      -Corsair CX Bronze, 600 Watts
      -DDR3 Corsair Vengeance, 3 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
      -Hyperx 3k 120go
      -Seagate Barracuda, 500 Go
      -Zalman Z9 U3

Thank's.

69 Replies
strtofloat
Adept I

I have the same problem with RX 590 NITRO+ 8GBDDR5.

No solve yet.

Hardwood
Paragon

When I read something like that the first thing I wonder is did  you use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove the NVidia graphics drivers?

You still can by running DDU in safemode and selecting to remove the nvidia drivers and I'd also remove the amd drivers and set it restart afterwards.

THEN install the latest from AMD again.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
strtofloat
Adept I

I have the same problem, but my PC is new. I assambled it from new components. No wrond drivers, no nvidia drivers.

All games crash. The game closes itself or reboot system. I checked temperature. It's OK. I checked drivers. I updated bios on motherboard and also in graphic card. No solve yet. All games crash or reboot my system.

0 Likes

please follow this: https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

In the meantime.. run a memtest.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
spriurm
Adept I

He does not have to take people for fools without knowing what they did before ....
First, I reinstalled my windows with this new graphics card to start on a new basis...

0 Likes
strtofloat
Adept I

I've solved this problem just now. My RAM was overclocked by voltage. I set it to default settings and the problem was solved. The games don't crash any more. 

Sorry for my bad English

I hope that my fix will help you to solve the same problem.

0 Likes

Could you explain to me how you did that?

0 Likes

Nearly all rx480, 580 and now 590 suffer these in game screen goes black, audio still is heard and screen may recover or kick you out of game. If this sounds like what you have going on, it is a power limit issue. The default drivers don't give the card a high enough power ceiling. In Wattman raise the power limit slider to its maximum. I believe it is 50 for that card, but whatever the max is put it there and try it. 

0 Likes

Thank's for your answer, These steps are done :

-Update motherboard to latest version.

-Update motherboard chipset driver to latest version

-Make sure the Windows OS you are using up to date with all patches release from Microsoft.

-Remove all you previous card drivers (Nvidia or ATI drivers)

-Install Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Optional driver

-Update your game patch as well

So I could try your solution.

spriurm
Adept I

Thank's for your answer, I've tried your solution ( wattman + clear_cmos), so now, for example, when Im playing at PUBG in Ultra, the game crash between 25-30 minutes with an error messages, before it was between 15 minutes without error messages. I don't have any ideas where I can search a solution...

Okay so thermal throttling is likely the remaining issue. Try a custom fan and temp curve. I posted a screen shot of my settings bellow. This will further help the stability. In addition to that make sure to use chill then set your max chill setting at around 74. If you are using vsync at 60 set your chill to 60.  These combined will make the card a lot more stable in general. Please realize though that PUBG is truly one of the most poorly optimized game engines. People on red and green teams complain about it. Even the developer has said it's really bad and they can't truly fix it, but have learned from their mistakes and are fixing their next game.

0 Likes

This solution have not fixed my problem.

So I've returned my RX590 and I've taken an RX Vega 56. But the problem is always here...

So your are having the issue with the Vega too?

0 Likes

Yes

I am so sorry to hear that. I just got a RTX 2060 Friday night for 314. They are normally about 370. But it overclocks like crazy and overclocked is as fast as the Vega 64 and GTX 1080. If you are still able to return you might want to try that. Maybe even cheaper than what you paid for that Vega?

0 Likes

I can return my Vega 56, I have 14 days to do that. But, I think change another time my graphics card don't resolve the problem

I can only speak for me. But I will never again deal with a card that doesn't work out of the box, if I can't figure it out from there in a day or two it's going back. I won't ever go through what I have gone through with getting my RX 580 working and stable again. It just isn't right. A product should work out of the box at default settings. Clearly a large amount of current product, just does not do that.

I should add that the only reason I kept the RX 580 was I bought this at the height of the Mining Boom and I couldn't even get a different card.

I agree with you.

But I don't think the problem comes from the graphics card.
This has to come from another component of my computer because the same problem on two different graphics cards, it's strange.

Certainly possible it could be a power supply or motherboard causing issues. If it worked fine with the old card I doubt it. Or is this a whole new installation?

Either way test that card in another machine. Or if you can buy a Nvidia card locally that you can return need be you can try that. For instance the Nvidia cards don't need as much power. So say that vega has and issue with your power supply the Nvidia card may not. It's all a pain in the behind but if you can buy retail and return stuff then you can figure it out, without having to OVER SPEND. Good Luck!

0 Likes

I agree with you, I don't think these stability issue have to do with hardware. At least for products out of the box and being run at standard, default settings (no overclocking/mining stuff). Why? Because, at least from my experience with a new rx590 in a new X470 / AMD Ryzen-7 build works like a charm under Linux -- run for weeks completely stable. Can't get the Linux driver to control the fan at high load and card starts to over heat; however, the windows 10 driver crashes on me ,when just using a 3D desktop and after random amounts of time. The Linux desktop is also running in full 3D mode with compositing enable (wobbly windows and desktop cube animation on 6 desktops with 3 monitors). My Linux games have never crashed, I just stop playing once the temp starts to climb too high (have a Nitro Sapphire Rx590). 

I believe my issues come down to this -- AMD make drivers for their chipsets that have been implemented by thirdparty hardware vendors, whom make small changes to the reference design at the low level firmware or whatever. This causes bugs in software drivers. Not sure why the Windows 10 id less stable than the Linux built version of likely the very same or close code? My hope/guess is that AMD improves their support for the software side (Linux drivers WITH UTILITIES TO USE FAN CONTROL, ETC. and/or STABLE WIN 10 DRIVERS), so products do run out of the BOX. Card is suffering from 'too new' syndrum (a condition that should NOT EXIST under proper manufactor -- testing protocols, right?).

I'm long in the computer workstation building tooth  -- starting buying ATI cards in the early 1990's ...moved to NVIDIA for past 15 years for the driver suppport under Linux. Now NVIDIA is falling down on the driver support for new gen Unix desktop tech and so I bought an ATI (AMD) card again. This may be the last time, if they can't hire firmware / software engineers that can produce a stable driver or FINALLY TRUELY SUPPORT UNIX/LINUX with all your userland software tools!!! AMD you listening (I just bought ALL your tech for this workstation)? 

0 Likes

Thanks for the share. I am sure many will appreciate the advice. I don't have any AMD cards currently in any of my gaming rigs. I got tired of the constant issues that have plagued at least my card I was using for nearly 2 years and moved on. I now have 4 green cards and zero issues with any of them. I look forward to giving team red a try again in the future when they have their kinks worked out. 

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

Thanks for the share. I am sure many will appreciate the advice. I don't have any AMD cards currently in any of my gaming rigs. I got tired of the constant issues that have plagued at least my card I was using for nearly 2 years and moved on. I now have 4 green cards and zero issues with any of them. I look forward to giving team red a try again in the future when they have their kinks worked out. 

In my shop I have both AMD and nVidia cards

0 Likes

I still have a several AMD cards in machines just not the ones I game with anymore. Plus I run old drivers on them now too that worked way better that what is available now. 

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I still have a several AMD cards in machines just not the ones I game with anymore. Plus I run old drivers on them now too that worked way better that what is available now. 

I am waiting on an RMA request from MSI to replace a bricked X570 board

so I did some testing with the X470 Gaming Plus. windows would not install with UEFI boot enabled, only would work with CSM. Enabling after install, does not boot. So the R5 3600 CPU has some issues which is why I am doing some extensive tests.

0 Likes

I am assuming the x470 board has the most recent bios? That is weird it wont install withe UEFI. I certainly believe it's happening. I also am quite sure you what you are doing installing Windows. 

Are you installing from Windows or are you installing from a boot dvd or usb drive? 

Also by chance if you have not done this. Don't have any peripherals plugged in when you install other than mouse and keyboard. I even unplug from the internet when I get problem installs so the auto updated doesn't mess with the install files. 

Sorry you are having these issues. I have only installed the one R5 3600 myself on my B450 board, but everything luckily went just fine. 

0 Likes

I am using a USB stick with version 1909 from the media creation tool

like I said, bugs are abundant

0 Likes

I feel for you man. You are having some real issues the past few days. 

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I feel for you man. You are having some real issues the past few days. 

My favorite all time song...

The Rolling Stones Satisfaction (I Cant Get No) - YouTube 

So a couple months ago I was feeling bad about you having to RMA your board. Last night my MSI B450 Tomahawk board died. Won't power on after less then 6 months of mild use and it was on a quality 80+ Gold PS and a pure sine wave UPS and power conditioner. Had to box it up and send it off for RMA this morning.

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

So a couple months ago I was feeling bad about you having to RMA your board. Last night my MSI B450 Tomahawk board died. Won't power on after less then 6 months of mild use and it was on a quality 80+ Gold PS and a pure sine wave UPS and power conditioner. Had to box it up and send it off for RMA this morning.

I have a Corsair HX1000i PSU, I also have a quality power supply. Stil that does not mean a hill of beans to a motherboard that dies or a video card for that matter.

I have a B350, X470 and an X570 motherboard so backups are not a problem. The old X470 is slowly being built into a different chassis with my R5 2400G processor. This will make it a spare machine outright.

MSI is pretty respectable when a component fails. MSI simply sent me a new motherboard as the old one was bricked.

hopefully you can get you board repaired or replaced quickly

0 Likes

I have had several MSi boards and many other brands too. I will say though that the only 2 boards I have had die are MSI AMD boards. These boards I personally bought. Had a bunch of work computers have boards go bad some years back when for a couple years bad capacitors we decimating motherboards. I however have a few machines running at home with boards over 10 years old. A couple AM3 and a AM2 as well as an LGA775 board.

0 Likes

I have only had one MSI board fail, Asus on the other has been a problem so I no longer use their boards. Back with my Athlon II 4200+  I went through 4 motherboards until I finally bought a MSI 970A-G43 which I used a Phenom II X4 965 on after an Asus 990FX board failed. The cheap MSI board had a lot of capacitors on it, never a problem.

Now socket AM4 has brought a new bunch of problems to cope with.

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I have had several MSi boards and many other brands too. I will say though that the only 2 boards I have had die are MSI AMD boards. These boards I personally bought. Had a bunch of work computers have boards go bad some years back when for a couple years bad capacitors we decimating motherboards. I however have a few machines running at home with boards over 10 years old. A couple AM3 and a AM2 as well as an LGA775 board.

sounds like the teapo capacitor problem that destroyed a vast array of hardware

0 Likes

None of the capacitors visually looked bad. I think the likely culprit is the voltage regulator as you don't even get any led light on the board. MSi still has not begun repair and they have had it for several weeks now. So I guess it will be closer to the 35 days then the 15-35 they said it would likely be.  

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

None of the capacitors visually looked bad. I think the likely culprit is the voltage regulator as you don't even get any led light on the board. MSi still has not begun repair and they have had it for several weeks now. So I guess it will be closer to the 35 days then the 15-35 they said it would likely be.  

My old Zotac 8600 GT was made with teapo capacitors. 196.75 destroyed that card and I had just bought it too. At least 6 capacitors on the card had popped.

Any time I see Zotac on eBay, i actually leave the site altogether.

0 Likes

back off on the game settings to normal

shandyvali
Adept I

I'm having a similar, if not same issue. Although my issue happens even when I'm not gaming. My PC will freeze and I have to hold down the power button to do anything. I have an RX 590 and I've adjusted so many settings it's ridiculous. 

try the new driver 19.2.3