cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Roccosiff
Journeyman III

Games are Closing

I put together a new PC. Now I have the problem that every game crashes as soon as I go to online and offline lobbies, when I'm in the games menu, everything works fine. Most of the time I am then thrown onto the desktop without an error message, but sometimes the PC restarts.
Before I had the new graphics card, the PC with all the same components and the old graphics card had been in use for a week and worked without any problems. I have already updated the graphics drivers for the new graphics card.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
Memory: 2x16gb DDR5 6400
Motherboard: X670E Steel Legend
Graphics card: RX 7900XTX
Power supply: 1000 watts
10 Replies
mirinec
Journeyman III

I have same problem as you  :

I put together a new PC. Now I have the problem that every game crashes as soon as I go to online and offline lobbies, when I'm in the games menu, everything works fine. Most of the time I am then thrown onto the desktop without an error message, but sometimes the PC restarts.

and i dont know what to do 

0 Likes
radush3
Journeyman III

Hello. i am having same issue. game crush after 1 hour after 20 min after 10 after 5 min. AMD can we get an update on this issue or should all of us send the graphics cards back? r5 7600x 7900xtx ram 32 gb @6000 psu 1000w.

0 Likes

Why would you suggest "everyone" send their AMD GPU's back just because you are having issues? 

As far as AMD goes:

RX570 8GB
RX580 4GB
RX5700XT x2
RX6700XT
RX6800
RX7900XT

..all have been/still are great working cards for me and my household

The only real issue I've had was with an old Nvidia FX 5900XT GPU that could not run at stock speeds .. should I tell everyone to send their Nvidia GPU's back? lol

IF you want to start your own thread about your issue AND list your complete specs including make/model of everything .. maybe we can figure out your particular issue 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Hello there. I don’t know what is your problem but when I paid £1400 just for the graphic I am expecting to get something to work I don’t think is right to enjoy my self 5 -10 min of. I not fan nvidia or intel but I am supporting AMD that’s way I got radeon grafic and AMD cpu and I want some support at least. No offence to anyone 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

IF XMP/EXPO is enabled .. manually set your RAM to 6200 and see if issue persists .. IF it does, slow your RAM down to 6000

I run the 7950x on an ASRock B650E Steel Legend. I have some Gskill Ripjaw S5 6400 CAS32 2x32GB stuff .. 6400 is not stable .. 6200 CAS30 1.35v on DDR voltages is w/ 1.25v SOC

The IMC on the 7000 series Ryzen is very hit and miss (silicon lottery'ish) as to whether or not it will handle 6400 RAM speeds stably .. all of them should do 6200 without issue though

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

I really recommend load and memory testing newly built PCs. New GPU probably pulls a lot more power. Then combine that with a faster execution, the cpu and memory might require more power, and that could expose the instability in memory at rated speed.

I built a PC in Dec, and the combo of GPU/CPU under full load exposed an issue with my 5600 ddr5 memory that memtest did not find.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have individual cables running to the 8pin power connectors on the GPU, and are not using more than one connector per cable? @mirinec @radush3 @Roccosiff @mathewwade 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Hello. Just done what the previous person recommended with ram speed lowering down, I can say the result is ok I mean I couldn’t move the speed to 4800 is at 5600 and manual to 6000, no issues till now. Regarding the power cables I have 2 out from psu going in the card. Thanks

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you all @mirinec @radush3 @Roccosiff @mathewwade checked , in Event Viewer, to see if there is a conflict or error at the same time the applications are closing? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Hello there, as for my self the issue is fixed at the moment. Thanks for reaching out. 

0 Likes