cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

halk
Journeyman III

Games and adobe software crashes after win10 ram fix

I tried to fix a problem with win10 where it would take 8gb out of my total 16 and label it as "Hardware Reserved" and a day or so after I did it my screen blacked out and forced me to restart. When i logged in I found that my memory was back where I started and also my GPU was not working correctly, I took my GPU out, cleaned it and put it back in my MOBO and after that my windows don't detect any problems with the GPU but every time I try to work on premiere or photoshop and when I try to start a game it either crashes instantly or after 5-10 mins.

I watched many videos on how to fix my ram problem but this seemed to do the trick : Hardware reserved memory FIX (3 ways) - YouTube

After I tried the fixes that were on this vid I also ran a memtest on my PC and after a restart It was fixed

It has to be something I did while fixing this issue that broke my GPU but I have no clue on exactly what it is   

My setup is :

MOBO : ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
GPU : Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

CPU : AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

RAM : 16gb(x2 8Gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 

I apologize in advance if I did not do a good job writing this but It's my first time actually needing to write something o a forum

0 Likes
0 Replies