Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mxs2301
Journeyman III

Game Crashing with RX 590

Good day guys, 

so I recently got a few new games and I am encountering a lot of crashes in most of them. 

My game freezes and then crashes in Shadow of the Tomb raider, Rainbow Six Siege and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers clean, tried tuning down the graphics settings, but nothing worked till now. 

If it helps, in Tomb raider and Shadow of War I always get a notification saying that something is wrong with my drivers. 

Any help is welcome 

Thank you for reading

0 Likes
13 Replies

I have Shadow and it seems to be working on my RX 480 fine

I am using a clean install of Windows

0 Likes

Did not work, the crashes still occur.

0 Likes

mxs2301 wrote:

Did not work, the crashes still occur.

wonder what is up with your box

can i get full hardware specs

0 Likes

AMD Ryzen 2700X not overclocked

16GB RAM   

B450 Gaming Plus from MSI

Sapphire RX 590 

Gigabyte 750H Powersupplie

0 Likes

mxs2301 wrote:

AMD Ryzen 2700X not overclocked

16GB RAM   

B450 Gaming Plus from MSI

Sapphire RX 590 

Gigabyte 750H Power Supply

I assume you have updated the BIOS for the motherboard?

0 Likes

Yes, I did, i tried to update everything to see if it would better the situation. But I did find something that could help. After Shadow of the tomb raider crashes it normally always gives me the error code: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

0 Likes

mxs2301 wrote:

Yes, I did, i tried to update everything to see if it would better the situation. But I did find something that could help. After Shadow of the tomb raider crashes it normally always gives me the error code: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

That surfaces with a driver error

use DDU and see if 19.12.2 is more stable on your video card

0 Likes

I just tried it out, the games still keep crashing with the same error code. 

Any response from the AMD support is missing aswell. 

0 Likes

I wiped my SSD a week ago and so far it has been more stable,

imperfect as there are obvious problems but at least my team red fanboi box is playing games fine

0 Likes

I hope that some sort of solution will come out, but till now my entry in the red side has been rough.

0 Likes

mxs2301 wrote:

I hope that some sort of solution will come out, but till now my entry in the red side has been rough.

I have Radeon and GeForce cards, and with a GTX 1060 the video card LED is white which is normal. The RX 480, red which the BIOS figures there is a problem.

MSI X470 Gaming Plus, R5 3600 and 32GB DDR4-3200

0 Likes

to this crashing issue i got the same card on AMD FX 9590 

32Gb ddr 1866Mhz and this stuff

i changed my powersuppley from 700watts to 1000watts 

and downclocked the RX590 from main clock to 1490Mhz 

memory clock still by 2100 Mhz 

qnd it works just good enough now still play on 70-100 fps i hope qm not to late

0 Likes

I posted this in the thread that I've been in for years, trying to fix my crashes. I thought I'd reply to you and am also going to create a new post in the forum. Here's what I posted, maybe it will help.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/display-driver-amdkmdap-stopped-responding-and-has-successfull...

0 Likes