cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

drakedragon
Journeyman III

Fullscreen/Windowed Fullscreen Black screen flicker in multiple games. Not freezing, pure graphic glitch. Windowed mode sometimes fixes it. Solution?

GPU: Radeon RX 580

VRAM: 8 GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six-core Processor

RAM: 8 GB

Windows 10 HOME

Single monitor desktop setup, HDMI port monitor

Monitor: Acer Gaming Monitor 27” Curved ED273

So at first it started with only Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm, with a brief instance in Skyrim. But now it's happening in all of my games whenever I try to play Full-Screen or Windowed Fullscreen. The games aren't freezing - I can still hear the game audio and my control inputs still go through during the black screen flicker. The flicker lasts around 1-2 seconds. Frequency is erratic - sometimes I'll go over an hour without seeing one, and others I'll see 2-3, sometimes even 5 fairly close together. I'm not seeing a commonality between when they happen.

Is there some kind of conflict going on between Windows 10 and the Radeon software? If so, how would I tell and fix it?

Things I've tried:

- Restarting PC

- Clean re-install of all AMD-related graphics drivers

- Tinkering with a few different settings: Disabling/Enabling Free-Sync, Enhanced Sync and other refresh/resolution related options.

1 Reply
jefftb
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution? Having the same issue here with World of Warcraft and Cities: Skyline.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6 cpre

GPU: Radeon RX 580

VRAM: 8 GB

Fresh install of Windows 10, very little installed.

0 Likes