cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mdamasceno
Adept I

Fullscreen issue windows 11 radeon 540x (notebook)

Hi, 

I have a strange problem after updating the video driver on windows 11.
Only when a game opens in fullscreen and at the maximum resolution of my notebook (1366x768) this happens.
At other resolutions or in windowed mode the image is normal.
Does anyone have any solutions?

My settings:
Ryzen 5 3500u
Vega 8
Radeon 540x
16 GB

driver version:

windows 11

photo_2021-11-08_22-31-31.jpg

1 Solution

I've just updated to Radeon software version 21.12.1, which seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
flavio_prado
Adept I

I'm facing exactly the same issue, with the same setup (except for my RAM, which is 8 GB).

0 Likes
kr4ftt
Journeyman III

Hey, I have the same issue, same computer but a little less ram. What i did was I uninstalled all AMD programs from my computer and it started working again... It still feels weird, like I lost 5% fps in most games... Wish I could go back to win10 tbh...

0 Likes

i tried it but it didn't work. What version of driver are you on now?

0 Likes

This should be the driver you installed:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

Try a previous driver if this doesn't work correctly. Clean install the driver using DDU in safe mode to remove all vestiges of previous drivers.

0 Likes

Hello, I do have the driver version 21.11.2 (released 11/11/2021) installed, and I am having this issue.

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager for any yellow error marks.

Turn off gaming mode on your computer:

Screenshot_2.png

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/use-windows-game-mode-while-gaming-on-your-windows-...

Have you applied the high performance graphics to the game?

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes

did all that my friend, installed again the amd drivers, still having the same issue... uninstalled everything and it started working again... i thought everything was fine after the amd/windows updates but, as far as i can see, win 11 is still too fresh

0 Likes

Hello! I've tried all of that and still I'm having the same issue. The only fix that worked so far is downgrading the resolution to 1280 x 720 (but that is not an ideal or permanent solution).

0 Likes

I've just updated to Radeon software version 21.12.1, which seems to have fixed the issue.

Fixed with the new update 12.1

0 Likes