cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shljkgfh589
Journeyman III

Freezes in The Witcher 3

Hello everyone. I played The Witcher 3, everything was great, 60+ fps, ultra settings. But recently freezes have begun to appear. Every 3-5 seconds the FPS drops and terrible statters appear. Also, this problem occurs when some kind of notification comes, for example, when I change the volume in the system. I tried to disable and enable freesync and vertical sync in the game itself, increase the power limit, reinstall the drivers with a factory reset, but no results. Lowering the graphics settings also does not change anything, freezes can appear even when the game is paused. During this freezes, the load on the video card does not change in any way. I'm sure that the problem is in the video card, because i have got 4x4gb RAM modules in four-channel mode with bandwidth of about 43 GB per second, and the processor does not load above 70%

Please help me, otherwise I will have to buy Nvidia:)

P.S: Sorry for my bad English, i'm russian)

1 Reply

The game can be problematic even for green team users. I have had issues on my RX 580 and my RTX 3070. 

This site offers some advice you might want to try.

How to Fix The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Errors, Freezes, Crashes and Performance Issues 

0 Likes