cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ViBlooDog
Adept I

Freeze and fps drops in DX11 games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Outlast, Thife.

The owner of the RX 5600 XT would have had no problems with these games, as soon as it was updated to the RX 6700 XT, these games began to freeze.
I've tried everything I can think of but the problem hasn't gone away.
I repeat: There were no problems on the RX 5600 XT, I changed the video card and the problems started.
Run these games yourself so you know what I mean.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ryzen 5 5600X + RX 6600 XT - 1080 ULTRA Settings - YouTube

Here is a video with the same problem. These friezes should not be, but they are on the RX 6000

5 Replies
ViBlooDog
Adept I

The following has been detected: I reinstalled windows (windows 11 home) installed the driver 22.5.1 and did not install the draver for the chipset, after which the freezes in Ori and frame rate dips in Outlast disappeared. I do not know if everything will be fine if I install a later driver, I do not know if the driver for the chipset is the case or not.

0 Likes

Apparently it's all about MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner. These programs should be removed from the PC altogether, it is not enough to turn them off. 

0 Likes

In general, the problem is in the driver, and specifically in 11.22.2, friezes appear in games on DX11, as well as graphic artifacts in the game Battlefield 4 in the form of black areas in cutscenes and when the menu is turned on. Msi Afterburner is not to blame for anything, it just so happened that I started blaming him.

0 Likes

Issues like stutters in Ori and the will of the wisps started with driver 22.5.2

0 Likes

Driver 23.2.1 fixed issues with friezes in Ori and graphical artifacts in Battlefield 4

0 Likes