Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CreativeXtent
Adept II

FreeSync Range - 1 to 255 Hz reported by display help.,

Good Afternoon All,

I was in the Radeon software and i noticed the FreeSync Range was 1 to 255 hz. I use a 360hz monitor, so that is a no-go. Any idea why it would say this and how to fix it?

Thank you,

0 Likes
4 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

At a minimum, you need to specify your make and model of monitor.

0 Likes

sure, Alienware AW2521H 360Hz

0 Likes

I'm finding it impossible to find reliable information on VESA adaptive sync specifications.  I saw one 5+ year old claim that it was limited to 9-240Hz, but that's about it.  The number 255 is the maximum value you can encode in an 8-bit integer, which suggests it may be the case that VESA adaptive sync is limited to 255Hz.

So you may not be able to use FreeSync at the full refresh rate of that monitor.  I will say that 360Hz is entirely overkill.  There is zero chance you will notice a difference between 240Hz and 360Hz, and a negligible chance that would even see a difference between 144Hz and 240Hz.

0 Likes

Yeah I have noticed the information out there is limited. It's kind of a pain in the butt.

Honestly most people ive talked to said the same thing on seeing or feeling a difference with the monitor. But you a can. At first it seems slight. But when I switched back to a 280hz monitor and 144hz you can tell.

0 Likes