ASRock B75M

• CPU/APU

Intel Core i5 2500 3,30GHz non K

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Corsair VS Series, 550W

• RAM

Geil Dragon 8GB Ram

Describe your issue:

I have tried with the optional and the recommended driver, but Freesync just won't work normally. Sometimes it kicks in if I alt+tab like 3 - 6 times.

It seems that the driver doesn't like Rivatuner either, because no matter how many times I alt+tab it will not work with Rivatuners framerate cap, which is pretty necessary for my needs. I would use the FPS cap in the control panel but sometimes I get 1 lower or above fps from the limit.

I have an RX 560 connected to an Acer KG221Q 75hz monitor with an A+ high speed, ethernet HDMI cable. (The monitor indeed supports Freesync, and there is no option in the OSD or anywhere else to turn it on or off, so I can only assume it's on all the time)

Radeon Settings reports the Freesync range from 48hz to 75hz, and it is enabled in the control panel.

Other settings like Morphological Filtering or FPS capping works. I have tried many things like clean installing, deleting the drivers with DDU then reinstalling them but I didn't fix anything.

It isn't game related either, I have tried with GTA V, Skyrim SE and Dying Light with the same results. Vsync was turned off for all titles.

0 Likes
3 Replies
akeeller
Adept II

Be sure to run the game in fullscreen instead of borderless windowed.

Also, feel free to activate VSync, since it can coexist with FreeSync. If you are running a game at >75 Hz, VSync will cap it at 75 Hz.

Your monitor does not support LFC, so look at the "AMD FreeSync without LFC" column.

https://www.amd.com/Documents/freesync-lfc.pdf

0 Likes

I thought VSync overwrites Freesync if I have it enabled, how am I supposted to know if it works with VSync enabled?

All three games were in Fullscreen mode.

Now considering I was *in* the Freesync range, not at 75 neither at 48 fps, according to the pdf I shouldn't have seen any tearing but I most definetly did in all three games.

The framerates I tried were 60 and 50 but without VSync it was very choppy enabling the in game VSync smooths it out, or without it alt tabbing fixed it sometimes. So there has to be a way of making it work.

0 Likes
acceoc21
Newcomer

I did a clean reinstall of the drivers with DDU, Freesync still only kicks in after alt tabbing.

No matter the game I try, even if it does I can still see tearing at the bottom of the screen and under the tearing line the game is very choppy and above it's smooth. I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on. At this point I take any help I can get.

0 Likes