cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

s3lvah
Adept I

FreeSync flickering issue persists despite 21.4.1 "fix"

So this longstanding problem of fullscreen games etc. having brightness flickering on high-refresh-rate monitors with FreeSync enabled was claimed to be fixed in the 21.4.1 AMD Software update. However, it's either unchanged or worse for me than before the update. And I'm not the only one.

In previous versions, I tried the custom resolution workaround/fix (both via AMD Software and a popular proprietary tool) of limiting max frame rate slightly below 144 Hz, to no avail.

Anyone here whose issue disappeared after 21.4.1, and if so, could you post your settings (custom resolution / whatever other changes to factory settings you may have)?

Also, please post if you're still experiencing the same issue. Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Pedrito0906
Adept III

I have the PowerColor Red Dragon 6800xt and I'm still experiencing flickering issues when I turn AMD FreeSync Premium on. I even get a lot fewer frames per seconds and the image starts to ghost like crazy.

Those pictures are in Apex 1440p, Super Low Settings and when the flickering starts the fps go as lower as 56 and with an utilization of 57%. My 2070 super never went lower than 140 on these settings.

6800xt - Apex6800xt - Apex

My settings:

1. CPU: 5900x with a 240 MSI AIO

2. MOBO: B550 F

3. PSU: Corsair 1200W Plat

At this point 6 months after the release of these graphics cards this is just embarrassing, and have been strongly regretting my decision of buying AMD for graphics. 

0 Likes
Matoi
Journeyman III

hi, this worked for me. I have a msi g24c panel va with rx 570 and radeon 21.4.1 drivers.

https://i.imgur.com/SyPiUR1.png

0 Likes
Matoi
Journeyman III

download the CRU and try

0 Likes

What's that program for? To limit frame rate? I'm using Rivatunner to fix the fps, but my issue is when it goes lower in not higher than 144hz

0 Likes

As I mentioned in the OP, I already tried the CRU (and, separately, AMD's own custom resolution feature). I'm not sure if it had some effect (the flickering varies with time even in the same conditions in my game), but it certainly didn't eliminate the problem.

0 Likes