Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Maikeru
Adept I

Frame Rate Target Control ( FRTC ) not working in some games

Hello,

FRTC does not work in some games like Shadow Warrior 2 , Tropico 5 , Assetto Corsa. Can anyone explain why is it like this and how to fix it? I want to limit fps to 100, because I did not notice any difference if it is more and it needs less power (that equals less heat and less noise). It works great in Star Trek Online, Guild Wars 2 , Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

I dont want to use Afterburner/RTSS because it sometimes causes black screen on my system (CPU: Xeon X5675 , MB: Asus P6T SE,RAM: 3x4GB ram, 2x SSD (one for system, one for games), VGA: RX 6600 XT with latest WHQL drivers, Windows 10 with latest updates, Monitor: HP 27xq 144Hz with FreeSync).

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies
assiduous
Adept III

Hello Maikeru,

I am able to get FRTC working with Assetto Corsa with the 22.6.1 driver under Win7 with my R9 270. I do have to use work arounds as AMD seems to have left out the necessary FRTC registry keys from the Windows 7 driver install. I have noticed that FRTC only effects full-screen mode - check you are rendering the games in full screen mode. 

0 Likes

All my games are always in exclusive fullscreen mode (not fullscreen windowed, borderless etc...).

Radeon Chill works unfortunately exactly the same for me as FRTC, it just have lower and upper fps limit. Where FRTC does not work, chill does not work either.

0 Likes
Psyhix69
Adept III

As a workaround You can enable Radeon Chill per game (in game profiles) just set min and max to the same value (i.e 100).

0 Likes