cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Revanpls
Adept I

FPS drop in League of Legends after latest patch

Hi! Sorry if my english is not perfect, but it's not my first language.

After the last update of League of Legends, my game keeps lagging in fight, with hard fps drop (02-05...), even with lowest graphics. I had not such problems previously, so I thought it was a problem caused by the latest patch of the game.
So, I sent a ticket to Riot and they made do some stuff, like update grapghic drivers, reinstall game, etc etc, but nothing worked. Eventually, they told me it's a problem of my GPU driver, but why should it be so suddently? The day before the game patch it worked perfectly.

Besides, I heard other players with an AMD graphic card and processor have the same problem of fps drop. Can someone help me fix this problem, somehow? I'll describe my system, but I repeat it worked fine before the patch, so I don't think it's because of my laptop.
As you can notice I'm not great with this kind of stuff, but I hope you'll help me anyway.

Thank you!

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
AMD Graphics Card: Radeon R7 M340
GPU: Radeon R5 Graphics
CPU: AMD a10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G
RAM: 16GB
Driver and Software: 21.2.1

16 Replies
DeanP
Adept I

Hello I have exactly the same problem as you! I was playing perfectly well before any patch, the truth is: before this happened to me , I was "in game" after the match was done, I was immediately up for a second game HARD FPS DROPS to 2 or 0 with screen freeze! i sent a ticket to riot, they told me to download a Hextech repair tool to send them some logs ,  but nothing happened ! i saw that you have amd version 21.2.1.. I downloaded it too this version...and had system lag..cursor freeze..etc...and now i reinstall the versions 17.4... without any problems...

0 Likes

They made me update the drivers, I can't tell if now it's better or worse, to be honest, it just hard lag in fights... I think it's the same lag! Sadly, it's really hard to play, nearly impossible.
Did you find a solution with your ticket to Riot?

0 Likes

Riot sent me this: since this issue Is proving to be quite a tricky one we'll be sending you case To our specialized tech team!!  No i didnt find any solutions and now i wait!! I dont know what riot doing every new patch..maybe or it is possible they adding some new graphics as a result problems with fps..and lag..I know my laptop is not the best for gaming but before those problems i was playing well .with 40 fps at fights but now wtf iis going on...its pretty wierd this riot company is so garbage..! I try a different game like left4dead and my fps is at high (90-100) soo i think the problem is the game!! I suggest you to try a different like i did..

I don't usually play with this computer, because it's not a gaming laptop, as yours (I live far from home to study, so I just have this one right now). But I tried some other heavy games and they seems to work just fine! I hope they will fix this problem.

Thank for taking time to answer me, tho!

Hey, did you get a fix for this at all? I think I have the exact same problem. I have an Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming laptop (amd) which is nothing special but could easily run league on a smooth 60 fps with low-medium settings and wouldn't stutter in team fights.

Since the latest patch, or at least within the past week, there has been a very sudden change. My FPS is generally ok outside of a fight, but if I tab or esc it stutters, and in teamfights it drops to an absolute crawl (I'm talking around 4-6 FPS lol) and freezes alot. 

At first I thought it might be my internet connection, as my ping was also suddenly changing - from a stable sub-30 (how it's been for ages) to a constantly changing sub-100, and then every now and then it would rocket into the 2000s and my game would crap itself. However, when my internet seemed to have resolved itself, I was still having the FPS problems. The thing is, it's really weird, because some teamfights are much better than others even with all the same champions and effects - could internet be playing a part? What has Riot said to you/told you to do?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi! No, I didn't fix it... sadly, I tried everything riot told me to try to do but nothing worked. The last thing they told me was to ask about my AMD GPU but I didn't find a solution. I keep thinking it's not because of my laptop: even if it's not the best, it always warked.

Right now I'm waiting for next patch that should be out on February 18th? I hope riot will make something about it.

0 Likes

0 Likes

hi, I've been having the same problem with the fps drop, mine does the same thing, okay at first when game just started but went down really bad (below 20) on team fights I thought that it was my gpu too but yea I think it becomes bad after the January patch. did anything change after the latest update on your game? 

0 Likes
Davidovici98
Journeyman III

i had the same issue, please fix it or come with new solutions, in fivem too, frame drops, in league of legends too.

0 Likes
SalvaJr
Journeyman III

It happens to me too! I contacted riot support and they told me they have a problem with amd support, they are working hard to fix it... We don't need to update any driver or reset anything, we just have to wait...

0 Likes

Hello Salvajr! if anything changes please keep us informed..or post something here

0 Likes
goku
Journeyman III

I am having this exact same problem, and I have the same notebook. Like you, I sent a ticket to riot asking for help, and he instructed me to do everything, reinstall lol, update drivers, etc. I did everything possible, even went so far as to format the computer, and nothing worked. Finally, he replied to me the ticket saying that eventually lol can update and insert new effects and graphic enhancements, which consequently would make older computers obsolete. He basically said that my notebook would not run lol anymore, and suggested that I buy another one.

0 Likes
justSIM
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem!

I tried everything. At the end I re-installed Windows and than install everything from the beginning. And the fps drop remained.

I hope they will fix it!

0 Likes

They told me that they had nothing to fix, and that this problem was occurring due to the graphic enhancements they make to the game, and that it was therefore normal that old computers could not run anymore. The recommendation that riot gave me was to do a hardware upgrade.

0 Likes
Connii
Journeyman III

Hey, I have an rx 580 graphics card and recently started having the same problem as both of you. Before this recent patch I was running league on high settings at a constant 144hz, but then it started running at an almost permanent 30 fps and below. I tried everything and then eventually tried turning on v-sync. For some reason everything ran much much more smoothly after that and it was the only solution. Try that 

0 Likes
justaaa
Journeyman III

for me turning on radeon anti lag and vsync in amd setting and the game fixed the problem .

0 Likes