cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

evigrys
Adept I

FPS drop 5700 xt

Good afternoon, I had a problem when using the gigabyte 5700x video card. When playing world of warcraft and other games, the FPS waits every minute and no actions occur on the screen. Driver 20.4.1

Pc options:

CPU - Ryzen 3600x

GPU - Gigabyte amd radeon rx 5700xt

Gigabyte x570 Aorus elite

Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200

10 Replies
civillian1
Adept II

Yep this is a known issue.

when did you buy the card? i may be on to something. i have the same problem (known as stuttering).

can you check your bios version please? mine is from 2019/06/16. meaning that this is pritty much the first bios there was for this card. As far as i know they changed something to the bios from cards that are a bit younger (from december i believe?) to fix a few things.

i'm going to send mine back for a revisit and see what they say. might buy a nvidia at the same time because i'm tired of this crap

I bought a video card 04/12/19, 

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

this is the same bios version as i have and you bought it at about the same time.

my guess is that they sold us cards which had been lying around for a couple of weeks / months. they never took the effort to call them back and fix them. they screwed up imo

evigrys
Adept I

Good afternoon, I solved the problem by creating another Windows account after which the friezes crept

evigrys
Adept I

see there was a software conflict

0 Likes
evigrys
Adept I

The problem was found in my picture on the desktop every minute it changes the picture it takes from the folder where 600 photos and for this reason it starts to lag after changing the desktop to a static picture lags stopped

i'm gonna try that too but... could it be this simple?

evigrys
Adept I

Well, FPS drawdowns in World of Warcraft are gone

i seem to notice some improvement too. both in windows as in kerbal space program. However this could simply be a placebo effect. Haven't been able to test it yet in a larger game such as pubg or world war z

0 Likes

Heroes of the storm runs really smooth now. So does Kerbal space program. Both are really light games but had some issues in the past. now they are gone. World war Z runs smooth to. Still gotta test pubg but it looks promising 

0 Likes