cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

deblazz
Newcomer

Forza horizon 4 crashes on engine startup

Hi I'm Deblazz (I'm not very good with english).

I recently bought Forza Horizon 4 and I downloaded it from the ms store, I couldn't even start the gameplay that the entire game crashes.

I start it from the icon, wait for the initial informations, then I say continue (even if I never got after the loading) then it starts to load and crashes to windows with a grey screen (The color of my w10 interface).

I tried with and without dynamic optimization and nothing changed.

I tried switching drivers from the latest available to the 18.9.3 but nothing.

I would really like to play this game, I remember I also had similiar problems with fh3 (after I switched to my gpu, before with my 750ti everything worked flawlessly).

FH4 is the only game that doesn't work.

SETUP:
i5 6400 (4.7ghz)

z170x-gaming g1 gigabyte

16gb ddr4 2133 hyperx fury

r9 fury X

aoc c24g1

Hope to find a solution asap,

deblazz

0 Likes
2 Replies
deblazz
Newcomer

Nobody can help?

0 Likes

We don't seem to have any similar reports of this issue with Forza Horizon 4.

However a google search does bring up some mentions of the issue on the Forza forums. 

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst132592_Forza-Horizon-4-Freeze-and-crash-a-the-start-... 

I would try a clean install of the game and ensure that your Windows OS is fully up to date. 

I would also try starting the game using a Diagnostic startup to see if anything on your system (ie a third party app running in the background) could be causing the crash. How to Enable Diagnostic Startup in Windows 10 

0 Likes