cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

djbuck11
Journeyman III

Forza 4 Game asking for Graphics Driver Update when Up to Date A10-7860k

Hi, before I get started, apologies for any naivety, I'm not well versed in this area!

I am trying to run the demo of Forza Horizon 4, however on start up I'm faced with the following screen:

Capture.JPG

I have checked that I am running the most current drivers, I am running a Radeon R7 but I'm not sure which series. This is the Radeon Settings dialogue window.

Capture 2.JPG

I've asked on the game forum but with no solution.

Is this graphics card not suitable to run such a game?

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit Title

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is Gigabytes Support for your Motherboard installed on your computer. It is a small Motherboard with only one PCIe x16 slot. The other two are PCIe x1 and regular PCI slots. This is for version 3.1 according to your BIOS version of FC: GA-F2A78M-HD2 (rev. 3.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

According to SPECCY, both PCIe x 16  and x1 seems to have a card installed or are being used. You going to need to open to verify if PCIe x16 is indeed occupied.

Note: see what card is being used in the PCIe x16 slot since this is the slot you will need to install a new AMD GPU Card.

At the same time you open the Computer case, take a look at the PSU label or Model number to determine what Wattage it is.

Here is the Motherboard layout to let you know which is the PCIe x16 slot: ( I have attached the Gigabyte Motherboard Manual to this post. Just click on it to view or download):

Restart your Computer and go into BIOS. There is a setting to allow the APU integrated Graphics to use 2 gigabytes of System Memory. Don't change anything else. Leave everything else the way it is.

Change the "Integrated Graphics" to "FORCE" . With this setting, your Integrated Graphics will ALWAYS be primary whether you installed a separate GPU card or not. This is just temporarily to see if the game will play with your APU.

Then Change "UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" from "Auto' to "2G". This will allow the Integrated Graphics R7 to have 2 gigabytes of Video Memory. (You will have 2 gigabytes less of Memory that you will be able to use on your computer for other uses).

Copied from your Motherboard Manual concerning configuring BIOS:

Save the BIOS setting and reboot. Now see if you can install or run Forza Horizon 4 game.

If the game still says your APU is not compatible then change everything back to "default" which is

"Integrated Graphics" - "AUTO"

"UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" - "AUTO"

This way when you install a new separate GPU card it will automatically pick the GPU Card as your Primary Graphics.

View solution in original post

22 Replies